Image signing with v3.5.0

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
SeeCwriter

Image signing with v3.5.0

Post by SeeCwriter »

Last year (May?) I submitted a support ticket regarding an issue I was having with signed images in v3.4.0. The issue was, I created a signed image and loaded it on a NANO that never had a signed image. It loaded fine and I could reload the same image without issue. Created a new signed image and loaded it, and it too loaded without error. After that, I could no longer load signed images. Not even the same image again. My notes says that I was provided some new header files from Netburner to correct the issue. It has been working ever since.

I'm now testing v3.5.0, and I have the same issue. But I can't find the original help ticket, and I didn't record what files were updated.
TomNB

Re: Image signing with v3.5.0

Post by TomNB »

Did you look at ticket 37423?
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

Yes, I looked at it. That ticket was in 2021 and had to do with some spec changes regarding LLDP implementation. Whereas the image signing issue was around May 2023.
In searching through v3.4.0 files, I found file AppSign.cpp was updated on May 15, file user_settings.h for the NANO was updated on May 16, and file constants.h was updated on May 9, all in 2023.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

See ticket 38006. While this is the same problem, it's not the most recent issue I reported on image signing. I seem to recall that the solution involved changing a #define statement about variable size or type used in the encrypt/decrypt process, but I can't find it.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Thanks, we're taking a look into that.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Hello,
I investigated this and it turns out that it was caused by a new issue, not a regression to the previous one you described.
If you replace nbrtos/source/nbupdate.cpp with this attached update, it should be resolved. Note, we are working on a new release which should be available in the next week. This patch will be included in the release.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

Thank you.