SNMP Error on NBEclipse IDE Rel. 2.5.2

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
soportev2p0

SNMP Error on NBEclipse IDE Rel. 2.5.2

Post by soportev2p0 »

Hi everyone,

I just bought a SNMP licence and I did run again the installer and it add a snmp directory under C:\nburn\examples\snmp, but when I tried to run the example on C:\nburn\examples\snmp\simplesnmp\main.cpp the NBEclipseIDE Rel. 2.5.2 throw me 8 errors like this:

Code: Select all

Description        Resource        Path        Location        Type
undefined reference to `ASN::FixUpHeader()'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 161        C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ASN::FixUpHeader()'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 167        C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ASN::PutHeader(unsigned char)'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 156        C/C++ 
Problem
undefined reference to `ASN::PutOctetString(char const*)'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 159        C/C++ 
Problem
undefined reference to `ASN::PutOidFromString(char const*)'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 
158        C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `DumpTree(int)'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 209        C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `SnmpTrapWithData(unsigned long, char const*, int, int, void 
(*)(ASN*))'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 176        C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `StartSnmpProcessor(int)'        main.cpp        snmp000        line 308        C/C++ Problem
There are also errors for any snmp example I tried to run.

I think it is because in the .h files there are only the function prototypes, and not the implementation itself. I wonder if I need to link or include some other things. I looked for some PDF documentation about SNMP but it seems there is not one in my 'Netburner NNDK' directory. What is wrong? Do I need to somehow re-build the SNMP libs for Windows or something?

I am using NBEclipseIDE Rel. 2.5.2 on Windows Vista and I need to build an agent-trap SNMP over Netburner SB70LC board.

Please someone help me.
Forrest

Re: SNMP Error on NBEclipse IDE Rel. 2.5.2

Post by Forrest »

Hello,

Try rebuilding all of your libraries. First, select your project, and then click on NBEclipse->Rebuild All System Files. This will take a minute or two. After its done building, do a project clean on the example application.

If it fails after you do this, can you copy and paste the entire build log in to this post?
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
soportev2p0

Re: SNMP Error on NBEclipse IDE Rel. 2.5.2

Post by soportev2p0 »

Hello Forrest,

Thanks a lot!

It worked very well and now I have the missed libraries. Finally I was able to run a couple of examples. Although these examples are pretty basic.

I was wondering if you had some others complete references that show me how to develop an snmp agent that also sends traps on this same Netburner.