Internal Builder: Cannot run program "m68k-elf-g++"

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
Spiderweb

Internal Builder: Cannot run program "m68k-elf-g++"

Post by Spiderweb »

I hoping this is just a newbie problem.

Got the MOD5270-Kit installed with no problems or errors on a Window7 PC. Was following along the NBEclipseGettingStarted guide. Created my first project imported the Mod5270FactoryDemo without any problems. Until I tried to build it for the first time. Any Idea's ?

**** Rebuild of configuration Release for project Mod5270FactoryDemo ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
m68k-elf-g++ -O2 -falign-functions=4 -IC:\nburn\include -IC:\nburn\mod5270\include -IC:\nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -IC:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\Mod5270FactoryDemo -gdwarf-2 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mcpu=5208 -DMOD5270 -DMCF5270 -omain.o ..\main.cpp
Internal Builder: Cannot run program "m68k-elf-g++": Launching failed
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 69 ms.
Forrest

Re: Internal Builder: Cannot run program "m68k-elf-g++"

Post by Forrest »

This is probably a path issue. Check out http://wiki.embeddedethernet.com/Suppor ... rectory.22 for some solutions
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
tod

Post by tod »

As someone who just had their path variable get wiped out try the following:
1. Open a DOS Prompt
2. Type Path and hit Return
3. Scan the output

There should be several entries that start with C:\nburn.... assuming you did a standard install and put the netburner stuff in C:\nburn. I fixed mine by hand but in C:\nburn is setenv.bat. Double-clicking that should fix the problem.

As a new user take the link given by Forrest, scroll to the top and read through at least the contents of the FAQ so you know what kind of answers can be found there. I also think you should read the How To Page on the wiki so you know what kind of information is available there.
Spiderweb

Post by Spiderweb »

Thanks Forrest and tod,

I did manually setup the environment variable and path and rebooted Win7. I did get a bit farther. I can now compile. But I'm unable to download. I get the following error. Note: I did check the .elf file is there.

'Launching Mod5270FactoryDemo.elf" has encountered a problem.
Error starting process.
Cannot run program "C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\Mod5270FactoryDemo\Release\Mod5270FactoryDemo.elf": Launching failed
Cannot run program "C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\Mod5270FactoryDemo\Release\Mod5270FactoryDemo.elf": Launching failed

Also if I try to run "Ip Setup" or "Auto Update" from the IDE -> NBEclipse I get the error.

Error starting process
Cannot run program "C:\nburn\pcbin\autoupdate": Launching failed

I have checked the path's and all seems OK. I can launch the program from the command line and from the windows start menu. Also I ran the Auto Update manually and ran fine.

Thanks Jamie
ecasey

Post by ecasey »

Jamie,

Sounds like the USB might not be talking to the board.

1. Check the board jumpers.
2. Check that the USB driver installed correctly
3. Do a <Project><Clean>
4. Press the board Reset button.

Then try the Launch again.

Ed
tod

Post by tod »

Not being able to run AutoUpdate from inside Eclipse sounds very familiar. I believe this is a permission problem and it is specific to how permissions work in Windows 7 and is addressed in the FAQ .

Also if you want to see a video walk-through in about 5 minutes I put one up on my blog a while back. Someone else did an even nicer one but at the moment I don't remember where it is (searching NetBurner on YouTube would probably turn it up). I don't believe I address the win 7 permission issue in the walk through.