NNDK 2.6.9 HTTP Trap

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
dciliske

NNDK 2.6.9 HTTP Trap

Post by dciliske »

I've seen a few tickets come in related to this one, so until we roll a new build, again, I'll head y'all off here: There's an issue in the HTTP server where a HTTP request that hits a compiled in webpage (from comphtml) that also has a query string (the bit after and including the '?'), causes a trap. We have already fixed this and it's waiting to be released. We'll have it out shortly, but I don't have the exact timeline.

In the meantime, I am including the corrected version of the affected files that can be copied to the system directory of the installation to fix the issue.

-Dan
Attachments
htmldecomp.cpp
(9.26 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
httpinternal.cpp
(17.18 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
khoney

Re: NNDK 2.6.9 HTTP Trap

Post by khoney »

Dan,

Could this issue cause my system not to boot? Allow me to explain.

I have a web site that I was storing on the SD Card under multiple folders. This worked fine for me. I was asked by my customer if it was possible to not use the SD card for the web site, so first I tried putting everything into one folder on the SD crad, like it would be in the HTML folder. This also worked.

I then copied all of the files into the html folder, and I am not able to boot after rebuilding. When I use AutoUpdate to program the Netburn, the progress bar goes all the way to the end, and my Netburner reboots, but it hangs (as does AutoUpdate).

I am not using any of Netburner's dynamic stuff, so I tried setting all of my files to be uncompressed or, in the case of .htm files, uncompressed html.

The file types I have are .htm, .jpg, .png, .js (minimized and commented), .css and index.htm.

Regards,
Kevin
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

This would be the first I've heard of any potential problem there... What module is being used?
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
khoney

Post by khoney »

I had forgotten - I'm at an older version of NNDK (I think it's 2.6.0 - I have no idea how to tell since the entire version number is not shown in Eclipse Help). Are there restrictions on what comphtml can handle as far as files go? Now I'm getting a 'Waiting 5 sec to start 'A' to abort' message, but 'A' is having no effect. previously I was able to get into the alternate boot monitor. I removed some png files and a gif that I was not using from the html folder and rebuilt, and now I appear to be bricked.

Is there some document that discuses the limitations in the process of embedded web files in flash? I couldn't find anything very useful.

When I loaded this particular file using Autoupdate, it went to 100% and then the progress bar went back to 0 and some type of reset was attempted on my device, but I never got a completion dialog from Autoupdate (just like the times before).

I've wasted pretty much all day on this, and would like to know if it's pointless to continue.
khoney

Post by khoney »

Just saw your question after I posted. It's a Nano.
khoney

Post by khoney »

Is there something that happens with the compiled html data on bootup? I don't understand why this would affect the boot process.
khoney

Post by khoney »

I thought I'd try just putting in a basic index.htm file along with all of my other files. It is a standalone file that just puts some text on the web page. When I try to load, I still do not get a good boot, and I still get the Decomp Failed message. If I have just the index.htm file in my html folder, everything works OK. So apparently, something is happening outside my control with the other files in the html folder on bootup.
ecasey

Post by ecasey »

It might be a lot of trial and error, but you could try to add one of the suspect files at a time to the folder, compile and load to see which file chokes it up. It also might be a combined size limit, so knowing the combined size at each iteration could prove helpful.
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

In the project settings you can turn off html compression. Its a checkbox in the netburner section of the tree. That would be worth a try just to see if anything changes.
khoney

Post by khoney »

Dan and I worked through the problem. I am using the watchdog timer (with a watchdog_service_function), but the flash update through auto-update was taking too long (>8 sec) and causing the watchdog to time out. So it wasn't what was in my html code, it was how much total web site code I was using. Dan suggested a workaround where I disable the watchdog in an autoupdate shutdown hook. Disabling the watchdog at any time is not my preference, but for now it'll have to do. I am now able to update firmware either by AutoUpdate, or by my other method where I place the hex file on my SD card.