Rebuilding system files, how to choose the platform?

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
barttech

Rebuilding system files, how to choose the platform?

Post by barttech »

When I Rebuild All System Files or Rebuild Modified System Files, it will do so for the 5213 platform, even though my project is for the 5441x. If I go to Properties/Netburner Option and check that the platform is still MOD5441x, and then rebuild, it will do so for the correct platform (-DMOD5441x). Is there a way to get the platform to 'stick'?
Sam
rnixon

Re: Rebuilding system files, how to choose the platform?

Post by rnixon »

Choosing the project before you do the build seems to be the right way. I have many platforms and need to build the libs based on what I am currently using. I would not want the libs to build for a 5213 if I'm using a 54415.
barttech

Post by barttech »

Right, but I choose the platform when I'm working on a project. Never is a problem if I'm compiling my own files. But why, when I have just Rebuilt Modified System Files (with MOD54415), and I make a change and Rebuild again, does it use MOD5213 instead?
Sam
tod

Post by tod »

I know the regular build is sensitive to your current context. If you open a source file from a 5441x project. Put your cursor inside that source file and then rebuild the system files does it do the right thing?
barttech

Post by barttech »

No, that doesn't seem to help. All my files are from a MOD54415-based project. Of course the system files aren't but I just tried what you said and it didn't seem to help. If I go to Properties and check the platform (it doesn't change of course), that does the trick, it is just clunky. I can live with it (I hope to not be modifying system files much), I just thought I was missing something.
Thanks!
Sam