Help: Flashing a program into the 5270

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
swmoore

Help: Flashing a program into the 5270

Post by swmoore »

I ran the 5270 factory program (straight out of the box). The DHCP server assigned an IP address, and I viewed the demo website over the LAN.

The console was observed over USB port (as UART0 to USB to COM3) with MTTTY.

Next, I setup a project for "hello world" and ran the example C file (sampleapp) in the 5270 directory. The "Hello World" displayed properly in MTTTY.

I added a few lines to the C program, and attempted to re-flash. Although I can observe the settings over MTTTY (COM3), the 5270 appears invisible to NBEclipse. NBEclipse cannot find or flash the 5270. I looked through the documentation in an attempt to flash the 5270 over USB, but appears to be no provision to flash over USB. Is the IDE really this weak? Serial flashing is a time-honored tradition.

In the console (MTTTY), some options were attempted to prompt NBEclipse to flash over TCP, such as DL and FLA. The FLM reports disabled.

How do I flash the 5270?
swmoore

Re: Help: Flashing a program into the 5270

Post by swmoore »

After a bit of work, I can now download and flash new firmware manually in the console (MTTTY) using TFPT.

This seems to be a round-about way, but is working for now.
swmoore

Post by swmoore »

UPDATE: I tried to TFTP the "factory demo" program, and the TFTP fails after 747 out of 813 blocks.

The command was:

Code: Select all

NFLA FactoryDemo_APP.s19
The error was:

Code: Select all

Netburner MOD5270B Monitor V1.0 Jun  6 2008 13:45:30
HELP for help
nb>NFLA FactoryDemo_APP.s19*****************************************************
********************************************************************************
********************************************************************************
******TFTP Open Fail
Waiting 2sec to start 'A' to abort
Decomp Failed
No Valid app

nb>
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

From the main.c program of sample app:

/* IMPORTANT - This example is the smallest possible C "Hello World". As such,
it does not support the autoupdate or network download capability as do
the other examples. Once you have loaded this example application, you will
need to perform a serial download through the debug serial port to put
a different application in your NetBurner device.
*/

So by running that program you would not be able to see it ever again in ipsetup or any other network find utility. From that point you need to do a serial download through mttty using fla, not any of the network protocols.
Chris Ruff

Post by Chris Ruff »

To the best of my knowledge, even this teeny program doesn't stop IPSETUP from conversing with the netburner high port, IPSETUP is talking with the netburner library.

AutoUpdate, however only works if you expressly place the AutoUpdate line in the main.

Chris
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

The app doesn't call InitializeStack(), so I don't think any network services will run, including the one that replies to IPSetup.