Monitor Destroyed During FLASH Writes

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
BMillikan

Monitor Destroyed During FLASH Writes

Post by BMillikan »

I have two different versions of a MOD5234 board. Both times, I was performing a FLASH write and after the FLASH operation took place the monitor program was corrupted. One board, I was using the Netburner tool "AutoUpdate" to update the FLASH application code through the ethernet. The other board, I used the "UpdateConfigRecord_Num" function call to update the IP settings in FLASH memory. Both of these operations caused the monitor code to become corrupted. Any ideas as to why this might happen? How can I avoid this problem?
pbreed

Re: Monitor Destroyed During FLASH Writes

Post by pbreed »

How is your 3.3V power supply?
The system will run with the supply out of spec, but programming flash requires more current and that the supply stay in spec.

If the power supply goes away, or is not providing enough voltage during a flash update then
its possible to corrupt the flash.

Also do you possibly have anything on the external address or data bus that might be messing with the signals while flash is programmed?
BMillikan

Re: Monitor Destroyed During FLASH Writes

Post by BMillikan »

Both modules are on a development board at the moment. They are on a Mod-Dev-70 board (one is Rev 1.4 and the other is Rev 1.7).

I am using an AC/DC power adapter for the boards. It is an off-the-shelf power adapter. I suppose it is possible that there was a power interruption as I have programmed these boards numerous times without issue. On the board where I changed the IP settings, I pressed reset (on the board) when the programming was finished. Could this have caused an issue?

Thanks,
Brian