makefile build + htmldata.cpp

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
stylonurus

makefile build + htmldata.cpp

Post by stylonurus »

I was just hired as a contractor for a company that has some previous embedded work done on a netburner 5282. After finding the only laptop that has this development ssytem on it all I'm trying to do is to build the current software before I dig in to fix some bugs. The person who developed is no longer with the company and no longer reachable. Before he left he did not create any documentation on how to build or modify the code etc. or put any comments in the 50 plus c and cpp files he created... I did find a makefile but when I build I get an error because the file htmldata.cpp does not exist. I noticed that this file was deleted during the clean. Further after some digging / research, I found out that this file was automatically created by netburner software. WOuld he be using eclipse to do this? I've started the Dev C++ 1.2 IDE but can't seem to find a exisiting project on the system ???.. Am I correct in assuming that the eclipse IDE is the only tool that can generate this file. (He does have a directory with quite a few .htm files) Am I on the right tract or should I jump?

Thanks in advance to anyone with any feedback
lgitlitz

Re: makefile build + htmldata.cpp

Post by lgitlitz »

Look at the build version of the NNDK:
C:\nburn\release_tag
If it is pre-2.0 then he was using DevCpp. DevCpp can share the same makefiles as used in a command line build. Even in the newest versions of the NNDK you should be able to open a command prompt and type "make" at the project directory to build it. Eclipse uses its own makefiles that are somewhat hidden from the user in default project configurations.

The htmldata.cpp file is generated when you build a project. There is a PC utility called comphtml that compresses the html folder and puts it in this file. A clean of the project should also delete this file. All methods of building a NetBurner application will do this. You should try to clean and make the project at command line and post a screen cap of the errors.
tod

Post by tod »

The htmldata.cpp file is automatically built by the build process. It is built by the CompHtml utility which is part of the NetBurner toolchain. You can invoke it from the Eclipse automated build process or from makefiles if you want to stick with the older tools. Belowis a quote from the manual. You probably want to hit the documentation to alleviate some frustration. The quote below is from the NetBurnerPcTools.pdf. Other valuable docs are the NNDKProgMan.pdf and the NetBurnerRuntimeLibraries.pdf. There is also a wiki associated with this forum. I suggest you look at both the FAQ and anyHow To articles that seem relevant.
The CompHtml utility is used during the application build to process the web server files located in a project’s html directory. It is usually automatically invoked by either NBEclipse or command line makefiles during the application build process, and is not a utility you should need to call individually.
Primary functions of CompHtml:

Encode the entire \html directory structure into a *.cpp file.

Add function tables and encoding for dynamic HTML.

Determines the encoding type for each stored file.
stylonurus

Post by stylonurus »

I am currently out of the office / town and cannot test but wanted to say thanks for all of you getting back to me so quickly.