Netburner HTTP server 'timing out' on MOD5282

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
mokie

Netburner HTTP server 'timing out' on MOD5282

Post by mokie »

Hello,

I am using the MOD5282 as a webserver and am having problems with the webserver being unresponsive after the user doesn't click anything for a couple minutes (I'm not sure exactly what's happening because I'm not sure how to find out what's going on..) The only way to solve this problem that I've found so far is to restart the Netburner. I've tried using two different host computers and am almost certain it isn't a PC issue.

The strange thing is that this problem only occurs if the Netburner and the host computer are hooked up through an ethernet switch as described in 1.5.2 in the NetBurner Network Development Kit programming guide. If I also hook up my network to the eternet switch as well, everything works fine and there is no timeout.

When I set up the static IPs (when ONLY the PC and Netburner are connected through the eternet switch), I am also using the recommended settings in 1.5.3.

I'd like to note that the Netburner itself doesn't actually crash when the time out occurs. Any ideas on what the problem may be or how to debug it?

Thanks in advance.
rnixon

Re: Netburner HTTP server 'timing out' on MOD5282

Post by rnixon »

Are you running the factory program, or one you created? If it is one you wrote, have you tried the same test with the factory application to see if the results are the same?
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

Can you sill ping the device?

Can our IPSetup tool find it?

If the answer to both is no, then
are you doing your own UDP i/o? If so I have some more diagnostics for you:

#include<buffers.h>
then print out the value
WORD GetFreeCount();
to the serial port periodically does this go to zero?
If so you register a UDP socket or FIFO and its not being empied.
mokie

Post by mokie »

Thanks for the help. I figured it out after trying your suggestions: Apparently the app. was calling GetDHCPAddress() when it was using a static IP which would explain the app. working when hooked up to the network and not when static IPs were used.