NetBurner Device Library build error

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
manuh73

NetBurner Device Library build error

Post by manuh73 »

I'm trying to build a device library which contains two classes and when I launch debug build, I have the following error:
**** Build of configuration Debug for project Common ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
Build error
Generated resource conflict:
two resources of the same name: /Common/Debug/DBCommon.a
generated by different tools
tool1: GNU Archiver
tool2: GNU Archiver

But if I launch the release build, there's no error!!!

I've created the library from the NetBurner Device Library wizard.

Has anyone encounter the same probem?

Thanks.
tod

Re: NetBurner Device Library build error

Post by tod »

The first thing I would check would be the project properties, then use the C/C++ Build/Tool Chain Editor panel, pick the Debug Configuration from the popup at the top and examine the Used tools section and make sure the GNU Archiver isn't in there twice.

If that doesn't work and you don't get an answer here, then I would suggest working you way through a lot of the project properties settings, comparing the Debug config to the Release config.
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

Hi there,

I have exactly the same issue with a library I have created.

It builds the release version but fails with a similar error to what you are seeing.

**** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project GLCD ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
Build error
two resources of the same name: /GLCD/Debug/DBLCD.a

I checked the Tool Chain Editor and the GNU Archiver is only in there once so not sure where to start to find this issue.

Dave...
talexander

Post by talexander »

Strange coincidence, guys, I have run into this exact same issue myself yesterday. There has to be a problem in the IDE somewhere. I tried with two different projects, one is simple and has only a few files. The other is pretty large. They both fail. As you both mentioned, the release version of the library will build, but not the debug version:

Build error
two resources of the same name: /libNBHAL/Debug/src/DBlibNBHAL.a

I've looked through all of the project settings and compared to the release build settings, but can't find anything wrong. Netburner guys, can you look into this? My library build won't be of much use if a debug build cannot be created.

Thanks.
tod

Post by tod »

Just a couple of suggestions:
If you go into the directory specified and remove all the duplicated *.a files, will it build then?
Have you tried doing clean builds?
talexander

Post by talexander »

No duplicate .a files. Only one from the release build which I deleted and there has never been one from the debug build.
tod

Post by tod »

OK Typically I don't do debug builds so I just created a Library put an empty class named Test in it and did a Debug build. Then I added a src folder and it still built OK. Finally on an inspired guess I added a class called Debug (files named Debug.cpp and Debug.h) and got the error you have been describing.

So I guess it would help to know specifically if everyone seeing the problem has a class called "Debug" and if not more about the directory structures used and any class names that might be suspect.
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

I have no classes within this build as it is C source only. There is no referrence to any DEBUG function or filename of that type either.

It also reports that there is a clash in the file name, yet the debug directory never even gets created before the error appears.

Dave...
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

Actually, I can still build my main application with the release version and debug into the code but it would be nice to have this working properly.

Dave...
tod

Post by tod »

Just to double check. I deleted Debug.cpp and Debug.h. For some reason I then had to remove the DB output prefix from the Artifact tab but then it built OK. I then added back the empty class and got the "two resources of the same name" error again. We'll have to see if the engineers at NB can shed any light on this.