Multiple functions with the eTPU

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
v8dave

Multiple functions with the eTPU

Post by v8dave »

Can you have more than 1 function running on the eTPU at the same time?

What I have currently is 4 additonal serial ports, which I have the software information for on how to do this.

I also need 2 PWM channels on 2 of the remaining channels.

Can this be done and is there code within Netburner to do this?

Sorry for the questions. I have not ordered my dev kit and due to do this soon so I have no documentation or software to have a look around yet.

Cheers
Dave...
Ridgeglider

Re: Multiple functions with the eTPU

Post by Ridgeglider »

Yes in addition to the UARTS, PWM is also part of the default NNDK_etpu_set.h, along with GPIO, IC, OC, FPM, PPA, QOM, TEST, SPI, UART, UART_FC (flow control). It is also possible to define your own sets of functions to include quite a few other interfaces ( eg three phase motor controls, encodrrs, etc)

There are demo examples of eTPU PWM. You can run PWM w/the UARTs.

The eTPU is a VERY capable peripheral!
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

Excellent. Thanks for the reply RG. Just what I needed to know and I also looked more into the docs and found what you where referring to.

This will save me an extra 2 IC's as now I can do the GPIO via the unused eTPU pins.

My board design is almost done so I should be ready to test all this in about 2-3 weeks time. I will be ordering the Netburner module shortly to arrive before the PCB does so I can get used to the development system.

Cheers
Dave...
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

My advice would be to use the 5234 board to prototype and confirm things now, before commiting to a PCB.