Netburner Monitor

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
roland.ames

Netburner Monitor

Post by roland.ames »

I have some questions regarding the netburner monitor.

I am using a MOD5282 with a monitor that identidies itself as:
Netburner MOD5282 Monitor V1.13 Dec 6 2005 14:35:59

1) Is it possible to obtain an s-record copy of this monitor with a modification so that the parts of the internal flash that contain the monitor are protected. This is so that I can have a system where it is impossible to overwrite the monitor.

I realise that this would make the FLM & NFLM commands useless.

My intention is to program the monitor into the internal flash of the processor using a P&E coldfire programmer via BDM.

This is a simple modification of the data at adrress FFC00400 to protect the relevant sections of the flash.

This would also be a way of ensuring that all our units have identical monitor code, if we purchase any units in the future with a different version of the monitor, I want to be able to reprogram them with the same version that all our older units have. This is because once we have done all our testing with a version of the monitor we want to be able to continue to produce units with identical firmware in them.

I could use the BDM to read the monitor code then modify the address and writhe the modified code back, but I am unsure of the licensing issues if I do this.

2) When performing a serial download of application, is there any requirement for flow control. I noticed that MTTTY starts up with XON/XOFF enabled by default, but I can find no reference in the documents to indicate whether this is a requirement. I want to be able to perform serial downloads with any terminal program and I need to be able to specify correctly how any terminal program would need to be set up.

Thanks in anticipation.