i2c code for a Honeywell HMC6343 Tilt Compensated Compass?

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
Ridgeglider

i2c code for a Honeywell HMC6343 Tilt Compensated Compass?

Post by Ridgeglider »

Does anyone happen to have i2c code to interface to a Honeywell HMC6343 Tilt Compensated Compass? If so, I'd appreciate not reinventing the wheel. Thanks in advance.
pgmaser

Re: i2c code for a Honeywell HMC6343 Tilt Compensated Compass?

Post by pgmaser »

Hi R.

Try the Honeywell website to see if there is C code examples there. If not try tech. support.

Phil
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

Looking at the datasheet for this device, it looks very simple if all you need to do is get out heading, pitch and roll. The end of the datasheet shows the commands to send and get back this information.

Are you looking for a more complex driver for this that will handle calibration, setup etc?

Cheers,
Dave...
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

Yes, I've looked at the data sheet... yes, I'd do the calibration and setup while I'm at it since compasses are pretty useless w/o cal.

The Honeywell site does not have any code examples, although you are right, the data sheet does explain the protocol, pretty much likle most i2c protocols. I was amused by the rep who told me no code was required...?

Just wondered if the code might be available from anyone here? As usual, if not, I'm sure it's just a matter of cranking through it.