SBL2E Firmware Update?

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
joepasquariello

SBL2E Firmware Update?

Post by joepasquariello »

Hello, I purchased an SBL2E development kit a few months ago, and I was wondering if there have been any updates to the firmware. I did some testing with a loopback on both serial ports and doing send/receive on both ports as often as possible via the ethernet side. With this configuration, I found that there were occasional delays of up to 1 second. By that I mean that every once in a while, on one port or the other, the data would be delayed within the SBL2E for about 1 second before it was returned. I've done the same test on several other Ethernet/Serial converters, so I know that the delay is associated with the SBL2E and not with the connection or client. If there is newer firmware available, can you tell me how to get it? Also, will the source for the SBL2E be made available? I think the SBL2E is a great little product.

Thanks very much.

Joe
BBAdmin
Site Admin

Re: SBL2E Firmware Update?

Post by BBAdmin »

Hello Joe,

We have not seen any issues such as you describe. The updates and other resources are located at http://www.netburner.com/resources. This resource page has updates for all NetBurner factory applications used in end products, such as the SBL2e, SB72EX, SB70LC, etc.

We are considering offering a development kit for the SBL2e, but no decision has been made so far because the stack is significantly different than our standard tools to enable it to run in 32k of RAM.
joepasquariello

Post by joepasquariello »

Thanks. If you're interested, I'll describe my tests and provide the results. I can compare to another (much more expensive) 2-port ethernet/serial converter.

I certainly would appreciate if you would release the source code. If support is the issue, perhaps you could release it with a special caveat that user customization of that particular product would not be supported.

Joe
BBAdmin
Site Admin

Post by BBAdmin »

Thank Joe. If you want to troubleshoot this issue please contact NetBurner directly. It may be too detailed to try and resolve on this group. One you determine what is going on, then you can do a summary post here as a follow-up. This forum does not have direct NetBurner tech support attached to it, rather it was designed for customers to share information.

For the sake of the group, what baud rate you are running at? When you contact NetBurner, a wireshark trace of the event would be helpful, as well as a description of what you are using on the PC side to send the data, and the data rate.