v3.5.1 errors

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
SeeCwriter

v3.5.1 errors

Post by SeeCwriter »

I installed v3.5.1 and imported my NANO project. I created overload path "overload/nbrtos/include" and put an edited version of predef.h in it, per the readme file. The readme file then says to rebuild the Netburner Archive by selecting "Clean Netburner Archive" under the Build Targets pull-down in the project. Under the project is "Build Targets", and when expanded there is "Clean Netburner System Library" and "Run As NetBurner Application". I assume that what is meant is "Clean NetBurner System Library". But clicking on it doesn't cause a system library rebuild.

The second issue are compiler errors in file fwerr.h. There is a "FW errorcodes" enum followed by a list of #defines where each enum is assigned to a #define, and the compiler flags every #define as a conflict with previous declaration.

Code: Select all

C:/nburn/nbrtos/include/file/fwerr.h:87:20: error: 'FW_NO_ERROR' conflicts with a previous declaration
 #define F_NO_ERROR FW_NO_ERROR
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/nburn/nbrtos/include/effs_fat/fwerr.h:47:18: note: in expansion of macro 'F_NO_ERROR'
         /*  0 */ F_NO_ERROR,
                  ^~~~~~~~~~
Never mind. I had an error in the path to my overload directory. Both errors are resolved.
Last edited by SeeCwriter on Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeeCwriter

Re: v3.5.1 errors

Post by SeeCwriter »

Also, the same errors I identified in the post below are still present.

viewtopic.php?t=3299
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Hello,

For the question on clean, it does do a clean, but the build is not done until you rebuild your project. If you are not changing any files to trigger a build, you can right-click on the project and do a clean project to trigger the build.

The fwerr is an odd one. I would do a quick sanity check: create a new project and import something like simplehtml. Verify it builds. Do the same overload procedure with overload/nbrtos/include, and same procedure to rebuild. Are the results any different?
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

For your topic 3299, the release notes say it was fixed in 3.5.2, but it seems you are using 3.5.1?

Revision 3.5.2 ( July 2024 )
New in this release
Examples

New example TFTP_Server. This example demonstrates how to create a TFTP server and host a file using NetBurner's TFTP library.
New example Configuration/Notify/Notify and NotifyObject. These examples demonstrate how to use the new config_notify.h to create a notification system for config objects. This system allows developers to register callback functions that are called when a config object is modified.

File System

Enhanced the EFFS FAT library to allow modification of WR_DATACACHE_SIZE. Performance improvements are observed when WR_DATACACHE_SIZE is increased and file writes are sufficiently large to benefit from the expanded write cache size. To achieve significant performance improvements by increasing the cache size, an additional ~450kB of memory is required for the filesystem driver.

System

Added TFTP Server servlet functionality to enable the system to quickly host a TFTP server.
Improved handling and caching of DNS resolution when both IPV4 and IPV6 are enabled.
Added the ability to specify callback functions to run when config objects are modified.

Corrections in this release
SOMRT1061

Fixed an issue that prevented the SOMRT1061 SDHC driver from properly handling a card removal and reinsertion during runtime.
Fixed an IntervalTimer issue that prevented timers from being freed when they were no longer needed.

System

Fixed a compilation error when building with IPV4ONLY defined.
Added a compile-time check to ensure that IPV4ONLY is not defined when building with IPV6 enabled.
Fixed an errant comma that appeared in the device's config tree when a hidden config object exists. This issue would cause the device's config tree to not appear in the web interface. All MOD54415's with a single ethernet port were affected by this issue.
Removed a default IPV6 DNS route that existed even when no route was available.
Fixed wifi failure on E70 platforms (MODM7AE70 and SBE70LC).

TLS/SSL

Fixed a compilation error that occurred when enabling automatic renewal of self-signed certificates.
Fixed improper handling of TLS Socket closure when the remote side closed the underlying TCP socket while the socket still had pending data to be read.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

Ah! When I downloaded 3.5.1 on the June 17, there was no 3.5.2.

And the errors in my original post were resolved by correcting the path to my overload directory. I don't see the connection between the path to predef.h and the errors with FWerr.h. Very odd.
wbradley

Post by wbradley »

I've benefitted in the past by using predef-overload.h with only the variables I want to change, instead of dealing with predef.h headaches every upgrade, that may help reduce the possible issues for you as well:

https://www.netburner.com/NBDocs/Develo ... TOS-Predef