NNDK2.3 RC7 Now Available (4/1/09)

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
Forrest

NNDK2.3 RC7 Now Available (4/1/09)

Post by Forrest »

Hello all,

The latest release for the tools is now available to download from http://support.netburner.com

Changes in 2.3 RC7:
----------------------------

Code: Select all

* EFFS
          o Added option to enable CRC checking on SD/MMC cards
          o Fixed EFFS retransmission issue affecting connections with slow speed
          o Fixed EFFS date formatting bug
    * Examples
          o Added TCP Keep Alive example
    * I/O
          o Added speed enhancements to A/D driver on PK70 multi blade NBPKBM-100CR.
          o Adjusted CAN timing for the 1mbit baud to be 983KHz instead of 1.02mhz.
    * Network
          o Added tcp keep alive
          o Added more random tcp sequencing to prevent sequence guessing attacks.
          o Added ability to transmit using UDP fragments. Must turn UDP fragment option on in predef.h to send or recrive UDP fragments
          o Added Etherlink() function to debug Ethernet driver.
          o Fixed bug in which the debug version of the Ethernet driver did not respong to ARP requests properly.
          o Add DHCP option 60 (Vendor Class-Identifier) which should cause DHCP Server to send option #43 (vendor specific) in DHCP reply
    * NNDK Kit and Build System
          o Added support for SB70LC platform
          o Added support for SB700EX platform
          o Added support for PK70 blades: Quad 232, Quad 485
          o Added USB PC serial driver to release for dev boards with a USB interface
          o Added CPU type definitions for common files
          o Fixed bug in PK70 digital I/O on multi blade NBPKBM-100CR
          o Fixed IOBoardRTC.h functions so they are redefined into rtc.h
          o RTC clock chip was discontinued by vendor. Added new RTC drivers to support RTC chip replacement on development boards.
          o Added three new function: RTCSetAlarm(bts), RTCTimerSeconds(count), (RTCTimerMinutes(count). These functions can be used to set an external timer or alarm to interrupt and/or wake up the modchip from low power mode. The interupt is set on IRQ1, and the interrupt level is 1.
    * Security
          o Added SSH support and examples as part of optoinal SSL sofware package
          o Added SSL Client Certificate support and example
          o Fixed SSL Client buffer leak that could occur for multiple simultaneous client socket connections
          o Increased ssl maximum key size to 4096 bits. Using keys this large will significantly increase negoation times by a factor of 32.
    * Serial
          o Fixed RS-485 half-duplex to work on all h/w serial ports.
    * UCOS
          o Fixed UserMain task stack size bug.
          o Fixed printf multi-threaded re-entrency bug
    * Web
          o Fixed XML bug where dynamic pages' lengths could not be determined beforehand.

You can download this release now. Just log into http://support.netburner.com and click on "Get Latest Tools"
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
Forrest

Re: NNDK2.3 RC7 Now Available (4/1/09)

Post by Forrest »

RC7a was just put on the site. RC7 needed a small patch for a NBEclipse debugging and a MOD5213 build issue. Otherwise, no major changes between rc7 and rc7a
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

mrchadwickusa

Post by mrchadwickusa »

Hi Forrest,

Is there any plan to make Eclipse plugins for this release? Or is it possible to just snag them from the NBEclipse plugin directory?

I run the Eclipse SDK because it's handy to have things like Aptana for web development. It seems to me that I had issues trying to get Aptana to run on the Netburner supplied eclipse. But no problem running the Netburner plugins on the SDK.

Thanks!
Mike Chadwick
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

mrchadwickusa wrote:Hi Forrest,

Is there any plan to make Eclipse plugins for this release? Or is it possible to just snag them from the NBEclipse plugin directory?

I run the Eclipse SDK because it's handy to have things like Aptana for web development. It seems to me that I had issues trying to get Aptana to run on the Netburner supplied eclipse. But no problem running the Netburner plugins on the SDK.

Thanks!
Mike Chadwick
Certainly, I can add those to the download page. And yes, you can just snag the 4 plugins from the plugin directory. nbeclipse.core, .doc, .tools, .toolchain is what you need
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

tmcneill

Post by tmcneill »

I posted a a new topic but I can not get new projects to compile in NNDK2.3 RC7a. I get many undefined references. I also can not rebuild all system files.

Thomas
tmcneill

Post by tmcneill »

After doing several rebuilds and cleans via command line out of the blue one of the examples compiled. So I quit touching the settings. This was very frustrating.
tmcneill

Post by tmcneill »

The other thread has a possible solution. I will try that soon on the other computers. Both systems have a fully up to date Java as well.

On a side note. I am using USB and Express Slot adapters for my laptop. To get it to do a serialload I had to set the baud down to 9600. At 19200 it still doesn't work. I wanted to try some other rates in serial load but it goes from 9600 to 19200 and skips 14400. Is it possible to get that added so I can test it with the adapters? It would definately speed up the load time.

Thomas
tmcneill

Post by tmcneill »

I have two projects each made using the new wizard and importing the files from my old project. One compiles pefectly fine but the other is still giving the errors. The project that does work will not compile when active configuration is debug.

Debug Build Problem

**** Build of configuration Debug for project Module ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
m68k-elf-g++ main.od commandprompt.od -Wl,-Map=Module.map -mcpu=5213 -Wl -Wl,-n -TC:\nburn\MOD5213\lib\MOD5213.ld -Wl,-RC:\nburn\MOD5213\lib\sys.ld -Wl,--start-group,C:\nburn\lib\DBMOD5213.a C:\nburn\lib\DBNetBurner_nn.a -Wl,--end-group -oModule.elf
m68k-elf-g++: C:\nburn\lib\DBNetBurner_nn.a: No such file or directory
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 169 ms.

Contents of my nburn\lib
FatFile.a
MOD5213.a
Netburner_nn.a

**** Rebuild of configuration Release for project test3 ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
m68k-elf-g++ -O2 -falign-functions=4 -IC:\nburn\include_nn -IC:\nburn\MOD5213\include -IC:\nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -gdwarf-2 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mcpu=5213 -DMOD5213 -DMCF5213 -omain.o ..\main.cpp
m68k-elf-g++ -O2 -falign-functions=4 -IC:\nburn\include_nn -IC:\nburn\MOD5213\include -IC:\nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -gdwarf-2 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mcpu=5213 -DMOD5213 -DMCF5213 -ocommandprompt.o ..\commandprompt.cpp
m68k-elf-g++ main.o commandprompt.o -Wl,-Map=test3.map -mcpu=5213 -Wl -Wl,-n -TC:\nburn\MOD5213\lib\MOD5213.ld -Wl,-RC:\nburn\MOD5213\lib\sys.ld -otest3.elf
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\nb-crt0.o: In function `looptest':
(.text+0x8e): undefined reference to `main'
main.o: In function `fake_my_pitr_func()':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:708: undefined reference to `OSIntNesting'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:708: undefined reference to `OSISRLevel'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:708: undefined reference to `OSISRLevel'
main.o: In function `UserMain':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:61: undefined reference to `ReadA2DResult(int)'
main.o: In function `fake_my_pitr_func()':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:708: undefined reference to `OSIntNesting'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:708: undefined reference to `OSIntExit'
main.o: In function `SetUpPITR(unsigned short, unsigned char)':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:745: undefined reference to `SetIntc'
main.o: In function `Initialize()':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:563: undefined reference to `InitIRQUart'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:564: undefined reference to `IRQ_assign_sterr'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:565: undefined reference to `IRQ_assign_stdio'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:566: undefined reference to `OSChangePrio'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:567: undefined reference to `EnableSerialUpdate'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:568: undefined reference to `EnableSmartTraps'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:572: undefined reference to `GetUserParameters'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:614: undefined reference to `PinIO::drive()'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:624: undefined reference to `PinIO::function(int)'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:641: undefined reference to `EnableAD(unsigned char)'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:614: undefined reference to `PinIO::drive()'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:624: undefined reference to `PinIO::function(int)'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:594: undefined reference to `SaveUserParameters'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:641: undefined reference to `EnableAD(unsigned char)'
main.o: In function `PinIO::operator=(int)':
C:\nburn\include_nn/pins.h:67: undefined reference to `PinIO::set(unsigned char)'
main.o: In function `Process_Commands()':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:427: undefined reference to `IRQ_charavail'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:430: undefined reference to `IRQ_getchar'
main.o: In function `UserMain':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:61: undefined reference to `PinIO::set(unsigned char)'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\main.cpp:47: undefined reference to `OSTimeDly'
commandprompt.o: In function `CommandPrompt_TakeCommands()':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:89: undefined reference to `IRQ_charavail'
commandprompt.o: In function `CommandPrompt_Set(char*)':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:349: undefined reference to `IRQ_charavail'
commandprompt.o: In function `CommandPrompt_Reboot(char*)':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:339: undefined reference to `OSTimeDly'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:340: undefined reference to `ForceReboot'
commandprompt.o: In function `CommandPrompt_Save(char*)':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:322: undefined reference to `SaveUserParameters'
commandprompt.o: In function `CommandPrompt_TakeCommands()':
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:95: undefined reference to `IRQ_getchar'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:101: undefined reference to `IRQ_getchar'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:109: undefined reference to `IRQ_getchar'
C:\nburn\NBEclipse\workspace\test3\Release/..\commandprompt.cpp:111: undefined reference to `IRQ_getchar'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-mallocr.o): In function `_malloc_r':
mallocr.c:(.text+0x44): undefined reference to `__malloc_lock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0xec): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x134): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x2aa): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x35a): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x38a): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-mallocr.o):mallocr.c:(.text+0x512): more undefined references to `__malloc_unlock' follow
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-sbrkr.o): In function `_sbrk_r':
sbrkr.c:(.text+0x10): undefined reference to `sbrk'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-writer.o): In function `_write_r':
writer.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `write'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-closer.o): In function `_close_r':
closer.c:(.text+0x10): undefined reference to `close'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-freer.o): In function `_malloc_trim_r':
mallocr.c:(.text+0x12): undefined reference to `__malloc_lock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x62): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0xa0): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-freer.o): In function `_free_r':
mallocr.c:(.text+0x114): undefined reference to `__malloc_lock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x1f8): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x28c): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x2e2): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-lseekr.o): In function `_lseek_r':
lseekr.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `lseek'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-makebuf.o): In function `__smakebuf':
makebuf.c:(.text+0xde): undefined reference to `isatty'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-mprec.o): In function `_Bfree':
mprec.c:(.text+0x488): undefined reference to `balloc_lock'
mprec.c:(.text+0x4ac): undefined reference to `balloc_unlock'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-mprec.o): In function `_Balloc':
mprec.c:(.text+0x4d6): undefined reference to `balloc_unlock'
mprec.c:(.text+0x4f0): undefined reference to `balloc_lock'
mprec.c:(.text+0x516): undefined reference to `balloc_unlock'
mprec.c:(.text+0x556): undefined reference to `balloc_unlock'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-readr.o): In function `_read_r':
readr.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `read'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-reallocr.o): In function `_realloc_r':
mallocr.c:(.text+0x22): undefined reference to `__malloc_lock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x14a): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x25e): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x2bc): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x302): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
mallocr.c:(.text+0x396): undefined reference to `__malloc_unlock'
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-reallocr.o):mallocr.c:(.text+0x440): more undefined references to `__malloc_unlock' follow
c:/nburn/gcc-m68k/bin/../lib/gcc/m68k-elf/4.2.1/../../../../m68k-elf/lib/m5213\libc.a(lib_a-fstatr.o): In function `_fstat_r':
fstatr.c:(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `fstat'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 2698 ms.
tmcneill

Post by tmcneill »

All problems solved by doing this below. There is no need to rebuild. Rebuilding stopped my debugging since we forgot to do a make debug as well as a regular make. I found this below by going through the cproject file for each project. Comparing the one tht worked with the others. The one tht worked I remember clicking all kidns of things and trying to rebuild and that must have been the one that worked. The projects that are made do not contain and of the module information. No where in the file is there MOD5213 but after making it reload the platform properties it works.

Rick click on your project.
Click Netburner Options
Check "Reload selected Platforms Properties File"
Click Apply.

This fixes the problem.