Debug Build failure

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
joepasquariello

Re: Debug Build failure

Post by joepasquariello »

I haven't used the debugger very much, but I think rnixon is probably correct that the problems are in project settings that are not quite right, and very difficult to correct manually. I second his recommendation to start with a project that was created with DEBUG enabled.

Joe
sulliwk06

Re: Debug Build failure

Post by sulliwk06 »

I think debugging with Netburner needs a lot of work. Using 2.6.8 I created a new MOD5441X project using the wizard with AutoUpdate, DHCP, and Network Debugging. I set the configuration to debug and got several errors. After the Rebuild System Files button failed like it always has for me, I went to the command line, and ran make clean, make, and make debug in my system and platform/system folders. That made some of the errors go away but I'm still left with some that look like they are related to the dual ethernet functions:

Code: Select all

**** Build of configuration Debug for project DebugTest ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build               ****
m68k-elf-g++ -O0 -falign-functions=4 -D_DEBUG -IC:\nburn/include -IC:\nburn/MOD5441X/include -IC:\nburn/gcc-m68k/m68k-elf/include -IZ:\Netburner Workspaces\Example Workspace\DebugTest -gdwarf-2 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mcpu=5206e -DMOD5441X -DMCF5441X -o main.od ..\main.cpp
m68k-elf-g++ main.od -Wl,-Map=DebugTest.map -mcpu=5206e -Wl -Wl,-n -TC:\nburn/MOD5441X/lib/MOD5441X.ld -Wl,-RC:\nburn/MOD5441X/lib/sys.ld -Wl,--start-group,C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a C:\nburn/lib/DBNetBurner.a C:\nburn/lib/FatFile.a C:\nburn\lib\DBdebugLibrary.a C:\nburn\lib\DBLua_Full.a C:\nburn\lib\DBnb-libxively.a C:\nburn\lib\DBnbwifilib.a C:\nburn\lib\DBwebclient.a -Wl,--end-group -oDebugTest.elf
C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a(etherprint.od): In function `EthernetVars::ShowMII(unsigned char, unsigned char, char const*, unsigned short)':
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:242: undefined reference to `EthernetVars::GetMII(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a(etherprint.od): In function `DoDumpEnet':
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:420: undefined reference to `enet0'
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:422: undefined reference to `enet1'
C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a(etherprint.od): In function `dEnet()':
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:407: undefined reference to `enet0'
C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a(etherprint.od): In function `denet()':
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:402: undefined reference to `enet0'
C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a(etherprint.od): In function `EthernetVars::EtherDuplex()':
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:140: undefined reference to `EthernetVars::GetMII(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:150: undefined reference to `EthernetVars::GetMII(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:155: undefined reference to `EthernetVars::GetMII(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:160: undefined reference to `EthernetVars::GetMII(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a(etherprint.od): In function `EthernetVars::EtherSpeed100()':
C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:101: undefined reference to `EthernetVars::GetMII(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\nburn/lib/DBMOD5441X.a(etherprint.od):C:\nburn\MOD5441X\system/etherprint.cpp:111: more undefined references to `EthernetVars::GetMII(unsigned char, unsigned char)' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 711  ms.