Debugging on MOD54415X

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
amaier17

Debugging on MOD54415X

Post by amaier17 »

I made a few small changes to the operating system code (just simple gpio output in ucos.c). I recompiled all of the code successfully, however now I'm not able to debug. Whenever I try and go into debug mode I get the following error:

C:\nburn/lib/FatFile.a C:\nburn\lib\DBdebugLibrary.a -Wl,--end-group -oLedTest.elf

m68k-elf-g++: C:\nburn/lib/DBNetBurner.a: No such file or directory
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 2035 ms.

Is this file supposed to be generated upon system compilation? I'm pretty sure it was still there before I recompiled the code.
dciliske

Re: Debugging on MOD54415X

Post by dciliske »

If you did a make clean on the system libraries, that file will have been erased. You'll need to do a debug build of the system libraries to fix this. Perhaps one of the other users (Tod or Forrest come to mind...) can tell you how to do this through Eclipse. As for doing it on the Command Line (which I use) you'll want to enter the following commands:

Code: Select all

cd C:\nburn\system\
make debug
cd ..\MOD5441X\system
make debug
This is assuming that your NNDK install is located in C:\nburn; if its somewhere else, change the first line to match.

-Dan
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
amaier17

Post by amaier17 »

dciliske wrote:If you did a make clean on the system libraries, that file will have been erased. You'll need to do a debug build of the system libraries to fix this. Perhaps one of the other users (Tod or Forrest come to mind...) can tell you how to do this through Eclipse. As for doing it on the Command Line (which I use) you'll want to enter the following commands:

Code: Select all

cd C:\nburn\system\
make debug
cd ..\MOD5441X\system
make debug
This is assuming that your NNDK install is located in C:\nburn; if its somewhere else, change the first line to match.

-Dan
Thanks Dan! That worked perfectly!

I thought the debug files would have been generated through a "make all".
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

Ahh, that is not true. 'all' is generally a special target in a make system that will build all make targets in their standard configuration. Likewise, 'debug' is generally a special target in a make system that will build all make targets in their debug configuration.

-Dan
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc