Install Rel22-RC2 on a Win7/64 bit but doesn't work

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
sb70koll

Install Rel22-RC2 on a Win7/64 bit but doesn't work

Post by sb70koll »

I tried to install my SB70 development kit on my Windows 7 64 bits OS but I got Eclips errors on startup. Here a small taste of the messages:
!SESSION 2013-05-08 21:33:47.937 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_21
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=nl_NL
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.common 4 0 2013-05-08 21:33:48.696
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent.ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:294)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:329)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1046)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:573)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:495)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:275)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:455)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:189)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:291)
This is just a small part of the log file.

Is without any question possible to run version REL22-RC2 on Win7/64 bit?

Added: I'm using the 32 bits version of JRE 1.7.
Corrected some typos.
Kind regards, sb70koll
Simplicity is my middle name - Danny Glover - Predator II
Forrest

Re: Install Rel22-RC2 on a Win7/64 bit but doesn't work

Post by Forrest »

I don't know about your release 22_rc4, but the current 2.6.2 and other recent releases are fully tested in windows 7 64 bit. In fact, most people here at NetBurner are using win7 64 bit.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

You need an updated release. Win 64 created problems for a lot of my software, not just netburner. Needed updated releases for all of them to work properly. You might try compatibility mode, but thats never worked for me either.
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

Thanks for the answers. But I have some new insights. I installed the NNDK on a original XP machine and have the same problems. It looks like java has a change in the installer.

Added: Or Windows?

I installed the Java update 6.45 in path C:\Nburn\NBEclipse\jre on the XP machine and it worked, Eclipse started. It means that the path of the java is not added to the environment path. I could change the environment path but I chose for the installation of Java in path C:\Nburn\NBEclipse\jre.

Next step will be the same and now on Win7, 64 bit with java 32 bit.
Last edited by sb70koll on Wed May 08, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards, sb70koll
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

I installed first the NNDK and after that I installed the latest version of java 7.21 in path C:\Nburn\NBEclipse\jre. This install did not work. I then unistalled java again and installed version 6 update 45 in path C:\Nburn\NBEclipse\jre. Now I got Eclipse working. I did not test if there are versions between java 6.45 and 7.21 working. This really is not a secure solution.

Can I install an NNDK-Eclips version that does work with the latest version of java 7.21?

Maybe anybody has a good secure alternative?
Kind regards, sb70koll
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

I think all eclipse shells need java 32-bit
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

rnixon wrote:I think all eclipse shells need java 32-bit
Yes.

I talk about the 32-bit version of JRE. Both version updates of JRE (6 and 7) installed themselfs in a way (the standard way) that Eclips can't run the javaw.exe. So it is a kind of path problem. I could have changed the window path but I decided to install the JRE in the C:\Nburn\NBEclipse\jre. When I did that I found out that the latest version of the JRE 7.21 didn't work but the old JRE 6.45 did.
Kind regards, sb70koll
tod

Post by tod »

In case it helps, I'm running Win7/64 and I have Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11) installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin and I just changed the path to that jre in the path environment variable (I didn't realize it was set to jre6). I'm using the latest stable release of the NDDK (2_6_0_026) and both NBEclipse and Indigo Eclipse boot (and so far) run without issue.
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

tod wrote:In case it helps, I'm running Win7/64 and I have Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11) installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin and I just changed the path to that jre in the path environment variable (I didn't realize it was set to jre6). I'm using the latest stable release of the NDDK (2_6_0_026) and both NBEclipse and Indigo Eclipse boot (and so far) run without issue.
Hi tod,

I use NNDK REL22-RC2 on Win7/64 bit. It is a version from 2008 I had still lingering around. I think it is a problem with the NBEclips IDE. It uses: osgi.framework.version=3.2.2.R32x_v20070118.

I don't think I can download the latest Eclips version and install the NBEclips Plug-ins from my old version. :lol:
However that would be worth a try.
Kind regards, sb70koll
caleb

Post by caleb »

I am having the exact same problem as the original post, except with Rel22_rc3. This is on Win7, 64-bit

Up until now, I have been able to get NBEclipse to work by creating a batch file which redefines my path to 32-bit jre5:

set MY_JAVA_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.5.0_22\bin
PATH=...;%MY_JAVA_PATH%
C:\Nburn\NBEclipse\NBEclipse.exe

The problem is that the security department where I work is no longer allowing me to have jre5 installed due to security holes. I have tried using the 64-bit and 32-bit version of jre7 with no luck:

set MY_JAVA_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin
set MY_JAVA_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin
set MY_JAVA_PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin
set MY_JAVA_PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin

They all result in the same problem: The NBEclipse splash screen shows up, and then I get "an error has occurred. see the log file ..." just like the original post.

I need some help getting NBEclipse to work with jre7, and I am not very knowledgeable on Eclipse (installing versions, using plugins, etc), so hand-holding may be required.