How do you specify a subfolder for a run configuration?

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
tod

How do you specify a subfolder for a run configuration?

Post by tod »

I wanted to create a special "TEST_MODE" build of my software. I added some
#ifdef TEST_MODE
#endif
sections. Then I created a new Build configuration and called it TestMode where I defined TEST_MODE. So far so good. Everything builds and I now have a Release, Debug, and TestMode folder. When I do this for MinGw apps in Eclipse, when I create a run configuration there is a line that lets me specify the subfolder for the project. When I do this for a NB executable there is no such line. I can only specify the project. On the "Arguments" tab of the run configuration I noticed a working directory but when I uncheck Use Default and specify my subfolder nothing changes.

I can manually send this TestMode build with AutoUpdate but I thought there might be a way to do it using the tools inside Eclipse.

Anyone?
dpursell

Re: How do you specify a subfolder for a run configuration?

Post by dpursell »

I have no advice, but I'm in the same boat, so I second the question if any NetBurner employees have input.

I need to support 2 different hardware targets with the same code, so I created "R1 Debug", "R1 Release", "R2 Debug", and "R2 Release" configurations with #ifdef sections in the code, similar to Tod. Problem is I can't actually use the debugger on either Debug configuration (fails with an internal error popup). I'm guessing it's looking explicitly for a configuration called "Debug". Happens with both 2.5.3 and 2.6.0.

Is there any way I can launch the debugger on a specific configuration?
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Hello,

NBEclipse relies on the existence of Release and Debug configurations. These values are hard coded all over the place, so support for additional configurations just does not exist at this time.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
dpursell

Post by dpursell »

Understood, thanks for the rapid reply

--David