Paths and Symbols for NB-supplied source files

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
barttech

Paths and Symbols for NB-supplied source files

Post by barttech »

I'm working with the HiResTimer example, but this is a more generic question, I think.
I got "undefined reference to .." errors when I tried to compile the example, until I pasted the HiResTimer.cpp file into my workspace folder. I tried adding "G:\nburn\MOD5441X\system" to the Paths and Symbols include directories, but that didn't help. It seems that I shouldn't have to have this file in each workspace folder, but how do I point to the file? This same folder has i2cmaster and all my I2C stuff compiles fine. I noticed there was no HiResTimer.o file in the folder, so I added it from my Release folder, but that didn't help either. I rebuilt all the system files, still no luck.
What am I missing?
Sam
Arturino

Re: Paths and Symbols for NB-supplied source files

Post by Arturino »

Actually, I'm experiencing the same problem. Any clues, how to resolve the "undefined references .." in this project?
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

... I guess once you put something out wrong one time, it forever comes back to bite you. There was a makefile issue with the Mod5441X and Nano where a line was commented out/removed and all the other source files after it got ignored from the build. To fix this, open 'system/makefile' in the platform directory and make sure that 'HiResTimer.cpp \' is on a line immediately following another line ending in '\', that is not commented out (with a '#').

After that, tell Eclipse to Rebuild All System files.
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
Arturino

Post by Arturino »

Thanks, now works fine!