Spamming getting worse

for everything else
v8dave

Spamming getting worse

Post by v8dave »

The spamming on here is getting worse.

You need to moderate who can sign up to the forum. If they don't have a valid license then they should be denied access or at least provides some details of who they are and why they want on the site.

Everyone who comes here has to be a user of the Netburner dev systems otherwise they are wasting their and our time.

Just my thoughts to stop these numpties.

Cheers
Dave...
seulater

Re: Spamming getting worse

Post by seulater »

at the very least put a CAPTCHA verify for signing up.
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

Dave's idea of requiring a valid license, or perhaps an NB purchase (effectively the same thing) is a good one. Although I'm all for open access, this forum has been pretty clean for a long time, but it's getting a lot worse recently.
k1mgy

Post by k1mgy »

I'd rather see this set up as a mail reflector.

Forums like this are useful in some ways, but a simple mail reflector is much easier to manage.

For now, users who need this resource and depend upon it ought to have privileges to delete accounts when spam is posted.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Where are the spam posts you are speaking of? We have moderation of first post turned on. There is also a custom captcha for new users (Asks what company this forum is about). I'm not too familiar with spamming techniques, but it appears that a few users do make it through the captcha.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
k1mgy

Post by k1mgy »

Hi Forrest,

Here's one below. I searched and it has since been deleted.

There have been lots of others.

Maybe the spammer got rid of them to clean any tracks. edmin_654 should get the flush handle.

/m

User : edmin (edmin_654@yahoo.com)
Subject : 5 Ideas to Getting a great Golf player
Thread : 5 Ideas to Getting a great Golf player
Forum : General NetBurner Forums « NetBurner's Eclipse IDE
Mode : post
IP/Host : 113.249.134.110 / (n/a)
Actions : [reply]
[edit] [delete] [info] [pm] [email]
5 Ideas to Getting a great Golf player

All of us just begin to see the participant dogging their membership, not really understanding exactly where their golf may property. Indeed, it's accurate; golfing is actually easy and simple to understand, 1 simply must grasp an ideal position as well as position, with a great club you'll certainly proceed locations. Golfers prefer to use TaylorMade R11 TP Fairway Wood. However understanding golfing is not the finish from it, anybody may learn to perform golfing however just a few is going to be excellent gamers.

While you currently understand how to perform the activity, it is usually great to possess a constant understanding encounter. Players often use TaylorMade R7 CGB MAX Irons. An excellent coach will be presently there to exhibit a person brand new methods, ideas, as well as give a person his / her golf clubs. The golfing participant won't ever be considered a excellent golf player without having the aid of a great coach.

In the beginning, it's not smart to buy costly, completely new golf equipment because you nevertheless do not understand how to perform. Once you have perfected the activity, and also you genuinely understand how to make use of every club such as TaylorMade R9 Max Irons, after that this is actually the greatest time for you to proceed as well as commit on the great golfing arranged. You are able to discuss with, or even request your own golfing pals concerning the greatest suggested golfing manufacturers available for sale.

Even though golfing may appear simple from the range, as soon as you possess which club, you may alter the mind. Golfing is all about method, position, as well as ideal timing. Understanding golfing can't occur immediately, therefore you need to maintain dogging as well as maintain attempting before you possess perfected the proper way to perform the overall game. Golfers prefer to use TaylorMade R9 SuperTri driver. You can begin through actively playing from little generating runs as well as function the right path as much as bigger golfing programs.

Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

Hi Forrest:

This is interesting...

This morning there were 3 spam emails sent out purportedly from the NB forum. I've attached screen shots of all three. What's interesting is that if you click on the Thread link, they don't exist....

Here are the thread links:
http://forum.embeddedethernet.com/viewt ... ?f=7&t=305
http://forum.embeddedethernet.com/viewt ... f=4&t=1121
http://forum.embeddedethernet.com/viewt ... f=7&t=1120

Here are screen shots
NB Spam1.png
NB Spam1.png (59.61 KiB) Viewed 7855 times
NB Spam2.png
NB Spam2.png (56 KiB) Viewed 7855 times
NB Spam3.png
NB Spam3.png (54.44 KiB) Viewed 7855 times
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

I get the emails for every post and I saw 3 this morning, same posting in 3 different forums.

When I log into the forum I no longer see them so I assumed that someone had deleted them beforehand.

Dave...
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

It appears that even though the messages never make it on to the forum (first posts by new users are moderated, they must be approved), the mailer deamon that sends out messages to people subscribed get those posts as they are posted. I'll look in to figuring out how I can disable those messages from going to the email subscribers.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

Hi Forrest,

This is still happening. I got this one this morning.

Code: Select all

User	: jamespeter1121 (jamespeter1121@yahoo.com)

Subject	: Re: PCA9536 I2C i/o expander

Thread	: PCA9536 I2C i/o expander

Forum	: General NetBurner Forums « NetBurner Software

Mode	: reply
IP/Host	: 125.60.240.196 / acl1-811bts.gw.smartbro.net
Actions	: [reply] [quote] [edit] [delete] [info] [pm] [email]

Need help in your PC and Laptop..We are also engaged in providing services of computer services that includes annual maintenance contracts, implementation network design services data recovery services, onsite backup services and network design services. 
Computer answers offers you the best professional services in online computer repair. It is a time-saving and cost-effective resource for home computer repair. 
computer service and repair | computer service technician