NetBurner Forum updated

for everything else
Forrest

NetBurner Forum updated

Post by Forrest »

The forum has been updated to the latest release of phpbb. Hopefully this, along with some new features will help counteract the spammers. Please let me know if you run in to any problems with the new version (Either here, or at rtadmin@netburner.com)
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
tod

Re: NetBurner Forum updated

Post by tod »

I no longer appear to be getting email notification of posts. I went to the UserGroups area and resubmitted, but I got back a message that said I was already a member of the email group, so I suspect something else is preventing email updates from going out.
roland.ames

Post by roland.ames »

tod wrote:I no longer appear to be getting email notification of posts. I went to the UserGroups area and resubmitted, but I got back a message that said I was already a member of the email group, so I suspect something else is preventing email updates from going out.
I also have not received any email notification, the last one I received was:

User : chrispol (cpolewczuk@globalvisioninc.com)

Subject : Re: Mod5282 Encoder

Thread : Mod5282 Encoder

Forum : General NetBurner Forums « NetBurner Hardware

Mode : edit
Actions : [reply]
[edit] [delete] [info] [pm] [email]

Here is what i'm thinking, filter caps are missing it's just a quick drawing
Attachments:
File comment: encoder interface

enc.jpg [ 163.68 KiB | Viewed 1 time ]
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

Forrest: After not getting email from the N group since 6/16 , I checked my preferences and found that the send email option had been deslected, perhaps with the upgrade? When I attempt to recheck and resubmit I get a message that says I'm already a member. I'd like to keep getting email when new posts are made, but for now this seems broken. Can you help fix it?
Thanks
roland.ames

Post by roland.ames »

Since yesterday I have received two notification emails, but they do not contain the posts, only links to them.

I used to get one email per post, which contained the entire post, and I did not have to visit the topic to receive further notifications.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Hello,

I'm working on a fix for this. I'm trying to use the old email updates database so that nobody needs to make any changes and the old system will work. If I can't get that going in a timely matter, I will let you know. At that point you would need to resubscribe.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

Forrest

Post by Forrest »

roland.ames wrote:Since yesterday I have received two notification emails, but they do not contain the posts, only links to them.

I used to get one email per post, which contained the entire post, and I did not have to visit the topic to receive further notifications.
I updated the forum plugin that allows email to be sent out. This should be working now. (this is a test :) )
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

tod

Post by tod »

A successful one. :)
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

Got it. Thanks Forrest! Very much appreciated.
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

The view active topics doesn't seem to work now.

I checked today (12-July) and only see one posting from 06-July but I can see in the forum and from emails that they is a lot more than this.

Selecting 3 months only shows this one post.

Looks like this bit is now broken..

Cheers
Dave...