Pin I/O Class Selector Program

Post your example source code and application notes to share with others
seulater

Pin I/O Class Selector Program

Post by seulater »

NB has a Pin I/O Class for MOD5270 to help give the user simple control the I/O pins for the Netburner Modules. I used to use these when i was young in the NB play land. As i progressed in my knowledge with them i have used the direct method to control the I/O pins as doing it this way give faster control to the I/O pins. I am NOT suggesting there is anything wrong or sluggish with their PIN I/O class. This is just an faster alternate method.

Since i got tired of looking up the pin methods when using new pins i finally bit the bullet and created a program that allows you to simply select the pin you want to use and it will give you the methods to control that pin as either an input or output. then also gives you code examples for using this same pin as an input or output.

If any of you manually manipulate the I/O pins in code, then this is very helpful when starting a new project and setting up the I/OI pins.

I have created 2 versions of the program. they both do the same thing but one is a .swf file and the other is an .exe version of it.

One thing to note, this is for the MOD5270.

enjoy.
Attachments
Pin Class Selector.zip
Program for Pin I/O selector
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 758 times
Last edited by seulater on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Ruff

Re: Pin I/O Class Selector Program

Post by Chris Ruff »

Seulater:

5270? Extremely cool, just which processor?

Chris
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand
seulater

Post by seulater »

opps, i forgot to mention that, MOD5270
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Very cool, thanks for the contribution
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
roland.ames

Post by roland.ames »

The app looks good.
It would be handy if it did the same for other modules.

One thing I would say, I have used MOD5270, and wanted to use the /TA pin as a GPIO (I really just wanted to stop noise on the pin from aborting bus cycles early, and the best way to do this was to assign the pin as GPIO input so the voltage level could not have any affect on the bus timing).

Anyway I found that although the processor allows this pin to be configured as GPIO, the pins class for the MOD5270 does not support J1[13], although MOD5282 & MOD5234 pins classes do support this pin.
So you may want to add more pins to your list of I/O pins, you don't need to limit it to the pins supported by the pins class.

There may be other examples of pins that a user may want to use in GPIO mode (especially if the external bus is not used) but are not supported by the pins class. I haven't checked all the other pins.
I would suggest looking at things like J1[4] R/W, J1[8] OE, J1[9] BS2, J1[10] BS3, J1[11]TIP (special case), perhaps even data and address lines if the module itself does not use them. Which pins could be used in this way will depend on the particular module and whether these pins are connected to anything on the module. So you may need to check with NB.
roland.ames

Post by roland.ames »

roland.ames wrote: J1[11]TIP (special case),
Definitely for MOD5270 & MOD5234 the J1[11] TIP can not be used as GPIO because the signal at the connector is not the same as the processor pin of the same name.

From NB docos for mod5270 and mod5234:
The TIP signal is the logical AND of *CS1, *CS2 and *CS3.
Arynews

Post by Arynews »

Very cool, thanks for the contribution and Click here