NBEclipse IDE NNDK 2.4 RC2 Project Open

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
marshapt

NBEclipse IDE NNDK 2.4 RC2 Project Open

Post by marshapt »

It is very frustrating in NBEclipse IDE NNDK 2.4 RC2 when trying to open a project! The project filename (e.g., *.prj) and the workspace directory should have the same names minus the extionsions! And when you click on "open" in the IDE you shoudl be able to OPEN a project not import it. Also, when you selct Import it shoudl show ALL possible projects in all subdirectories! Pat
tod

Re: NBEclipse IDE NNDK 2.4 RC2 Project Open

Post by tod »

This must be a difference between NBEclipse and Eclipse. I use the latest Galileo release of Eclipse for my NetBurner development. While I don't import very often I just tried it and when I picked a root directory it showed me all the projects in all the directories under that root. You might want to consider moving to the latest Eclipse release and just moving the NetBurner plugins over.
Forrest

Re: NBEclipse IDE NNDK 2.4 RC2 Project Open

Post by Forrest »

When I click File->Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace, all projects under a root directory are listed. This includes all subdirectories. I do not think projects already in the workspace are listed (open or closed, no difference).

I usually don't ever close projects. There really is no need. They are all completely separate entities. You can have as many open as you need without a cpu hit. On the test machine, I have over 30 open projects so I can easily run a test build on all projects with a single click.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn