MODM7AE70

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
saram1

MODM7AE70

Post by saram1 »

Hi,

Last post I got the massage I can't use MODM7AE70 (core of ARM M7) with NNDK 2.8.7 I must use the 3.0.0 or up.
So I installed 3.0.0 even so that in the download page it is written that:
"
NNDK 3.0.0 Windows 10 For ARM and 5441x based platforms
See release notes for hardware supported and update errata.
"
and I am using Windows 7 PRO.

Any how I manage to open the NBEclipse and load a simple project sources from the examples, but again I ddin't saw my development kit, when I click the search button I didn't got the card to choose with the IP.
So I enter a manually IP according to my net mask (169.254.0.9), but I am not sure this is the IP I need.
How can I be sure what IP is the developmant kit, and what net mask to use?
Even so I compiled my project with this IP, and I got the following message:
"2019/04/10 13:50:58 Post http://169.254.0.9:20034/appupdate.htm: dial tcp 169.254.0.9:20034: connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
make: *** [../makefile.targets:20: load-nbimage] Error 1"

I looked in the OM I got with the KIT and its written there to ENSURE that UDP port 20034 is open. according to my system administor I am using local subnet that is not blocked by firewall.

what is my problem?

Thanks,
Shimon.
saram1

Re: MODM7AE70

Post by saram1 »

Hi again,
Running "Discover Neturner devices on your local Network", will get an empty ack.

What is my problem?

saram.
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

Are you on a network with connection to the internet?

If so what do you see at discover.netburner.com?

If not what do you see with the ipsetup.exe standalone app?
saram1

Post by saram1 »

I am not using a network with connection to the internet. so I can't use discover.netburner.com.
according to ipsetup.exe standalone app, I can't find it even when I click on the icon in NBEclipse nothing happen.
according to NetBurner 3.0 Documentation on the web I understand that there is no ipsetup on NNDK 3.0.0.
It is written there "IPSetup was used for network configuration in releases prior to 3.0. Network configuration is now down through the network configuration server on the NetBurner device."

Any how I mange to get the Auto IP Address by using the MTTTY and boot the device. After I got the IP I manage to run a NBApplication.

Why can't I get the device in the NB FIND window?
I am using 2 NETWORKS card, 1 for my regular work with internal network, and 1 with connection to internet.
I saw that it tryinging to connect to the card with the internet connection, and not the other one that my device connect to.
Is there option to tell my NBEclipse to look in the other card?
Does the search button when I build project use the discover.netburner.com and thus I can't see my device?

Thanks,
saram.
mmyjak

Post by mmyjak »

Hi saram,

I have the basically the same configuration as you and am just getting started as well. I can confirm the behavior you reported.

Suggest you run "arp -a" from the command prompt to find the IP address of your board. You can then configure the IP address of your network card to be on the same subnet as the board. For example, the IP address of my board is 169.254.132.108, so I configured the IP address of my network card to 169.254.132.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

I believe there is a way to configure the IP address of the board, but I haven't gotten that far yet...

Thanks much,
Mitchell
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

The stand along ipsetup.exe should see you board no matter the version....
Try turning off your firewall and see what happens...

Is this a Mac or Pc?
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

Also if you have IPV6 turned on for the interface try the python example find6.py in the pctools under find...
saram1

Post by saram1 »

Hi again,

First I am using PC.
I couldn't find any IPSetup.exe under the c:/nburn. As I told even the icon on NBEclipce didn't bring an ip address.

I also ran as you suggest find.py and here are the results,
C:\nburn\pctools\find\python>find.py
Found NetBurner at 169.254.92.131
MAC:

The IP I manage to activate the device was with AUTO IP of: 169.254.132.73:20034,
It isn't the same I got on find.

Any clue? why we didn't got the same IP?
Why Can't I find the IPSetup.exe?

Thanks,
saram.
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

ipsetup.exe should be under nburn\pcbin....
Its possible we removed it from 3.0 expecing discover.netburner.com and eclipse to work....

Submit a support request and we will get you a copy.
Also try find6.py and see what you get?
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

Also did you try turning off your firewall/visrus program to see if its a firewall issue that its not seen in eclipse?