Wi-Fi module Update

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
dominici

Re: Wi-Fi module Update

Post by dominici »

Dear all,

I would like to add WiFi capabilities on my new board based on Netburner... Therefore I am interested in know if there is something new about the Netburner WiFi. If it is not yet available Is it possible to know if the pinout and dimensions of the MOD will be compatible with the other MODs?

At the present do you have any suggestion in order to add WiFi capabilities to a MOD board? It is possible to create a WiFi using the Ethernet port or I have to add a classic RS232 WiFi module?

Thank you in advance for your advices?

Best Regards,
Fabrizio
NetBurnerGroup

Post by NetBurnerGroup »

Hello,

We are working with a few different vendors on a solution, but do not want to announce anything until it is fully operational and we know the vendor won't discontinue the product line. Until that time, we can't make any promises. I think we can say that there will not be a new solution before Q1 2009. There is a new product out from Xterasys that claims to be prism2 compatible. If this is true, and that is a big IF, it would work with our previous driver. We have ordered some of these for testing and should know in about 3 weeks.
dominici

Post by dominici »

Any news about the WiFi module or about new product? I have to design a board with WiFi capabilities and I want to use a Netburner solution. If a netburn module with WiFi will be available soon I can save space and cost of a module.

Thank you in advance,
Fabrizio
NetBurnerGroup

Post by NetBurnerGroup »

Hello,

We do not provide release dates until beta is complete, but we can give you an update on progress so far. We have prototype h/w and the driver is in development. Our goal is to have product by this summer if development goes well. Thank you for your interest. This is a very high priority here and we want to get it out asap.