SBL2e TCP Control

Post your example source code and application notes to share with others
galburt

SBL2e TCP Control

Post by galburt »

While working with the NetBurner SBL2e using the TCP connections I find that there is no way to read the state of a pin (P##?) without changing that pin into an input.

This means my external VB application connected over the network has no way to determine the current states or values of the of the SBL2e pins without changing my output pins into inputs.

A non-destructive query is possible because the web page inside the device does it and displays output states to the user. But the TCP commands have the unfortunate property that they set the state and change the pin function at the same time. The is not so bad, but the idea that reading the state of the pin changes it into an input is terrible because it prevents reading the current state by TCP.

Am I missing something? It there a way to read the current states without changing the pin functions?

My preference would be a single command that returns the entire state of ALL pins of the device, whether input, or output, logic or voltage. At the very least, I would stop having the pin query command change the pin into an input.

Any Ideas??
pbreed

Re: SBL2e TCP Control

Post by pbreed »

We have implmented a Machine interface that does exactly what you want.
It should be around page 17 in the users manual:http://www.netburner.com/downloads/sbl2 ... Manual.pdf