Wiki Rules of Engagement?

for everything else
tod

Wiki Rules of Engagement?

Post by tod »

In a separate thread, questions arose about how to use the NetBurner Wiki. I started a new thread here to avoid polluting the topic of the original thread. I'm also hoping that someone from NetBurner might offer some guidance/info on the Wiki.

I'm pretty new to Wiki editing in general. But because of the other thread I've been playing around today and creating some pages. The navigation options seem a little limited. I wanted to add my pages to the proper category. I can edit the category page but my changes don't look consistent with how NB has done their entries where everything shows up under a related letter.

I also can edit the Featured Content page so that my new pages show up there. My entry would look consistent with what is already there. However, it seemed a bit presumptuous to make my own content "featured". Is this allowed, recommended, eschewed, an act worthy of expulsion? In general if we add content to the Wiki how do we expose it such that the user doesn't have to do a search and hit upon the correct keywords? :?:

Stephan had what I thought was a great idea, a very visible top level HOW TO page. That page would be open for anyone to add a link to a page they create. The Wiki seems like it could be a very valuable resource but it seems to currently be under used.