How to get Netburner to Write to UDP Terminal

for everything else
rsimsiman

How to get Netburner to Write to UDP Terminal

Post by rsimsiman »

Hello,

I have not been able to get the Debug mode to work on my Netburner, so in the meantime I am trying to get messages printed to the UDP terminal in order to debug (https://www.netburner.com/learn/netburn ... ng-part-i/). So far, I am unsuccessful. Does anyone have experience that can help me with this?

Thank you,

Rob Simsiman
rsimsiman

Re: How to get Netburner to Write to UDP Terminal

Post by rsimsiman »

Nevermind, I found the syslog example and got it to work
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

The debugger is a network debugger using gdb (GNU debugger), so if that is not working, and UDP is not working, the first thing to consider is you pc, which might have anti-virus or a firewall issue and is blocking traffic so the debugger and udp terminal can't receive anything. As a test you could try turning all that off and see if the behavior is different. If it works, then you need to allow the relevant port numbers through. Normally, the first time you run the debugger or the udp termnal the pc firewall will provide a prompt to make the rule. If you said "no", or your in a company with an IT dept. that blocks all of that automatically, then those utilities can't run. If all network debugger/utilities can't be run for whatever company policy issues, I would recommend the serial port stdio in release mode. You have not mentioned which platform, tools, os, etc, so I can't be more specific, but I hope this is of some assistance.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

I guess that took me too long to type with interruptions :) Glad to see you have it working.