MOD54415 Task Monitor SizeLeft = ?

for everything else
jediengineer

MOD54415 Task Monitor SizeLeft = ?

Post by jediengineer »

I loaded my firmware into a unit, and had a few bugs but I can't figure out one of them. When my unit loads, it initializes the GPIO being used as just IO, Then a DAC, which loads fine, then a SPI controlled ADC. This worked perfectly in my last version of my software so I never touched the code, but right after my DSPIInit function, as it begins to send a dummy read command to the ADC (mfgr spec) the task monitor (I believe) splashes the screen with "SizeLeft: 0" or "SizeLeft: 2" - not sure what this means - Screenshot attached. I should note that I originally had code that loaded values from user flash prior to loading the peripherals. I have since removed this line of code. I also attached a few screenshots of the code, sorry, not allowed to show any more of it... And sorry if it's squashed a little, had to cut out a few comments to get it all on the page.

So, can someone enlighten me on this? Thanks for all the help!!!
Attachments
This is the init function for the ADC.
This is the init function for the ADC.
ADC_load.jpg (338.74 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
Section of User_Main() that calls the class functions and shows the commented out load function for the user flash area.
Section of User_Main() that calls the class functions and shows the commented out load function for the user flash area.
usermain.jpg (348.21 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
MTTTY output
MTTTY output
SizeLeft.jpg (216.45 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
ecasey

Re: MOD54415 Task Monitor SizeLeft = ?

Post by ecasey »

It is unlikely that the "SizeLeft" output is coming from TaskMonitor; that code is only invoked by the TaskScan utility when you run it from the NBEclipse IDE.
It is more likely that there is a printf() statement somewhere in your code that is outputting "SizeLeft". You should do a file search for that statement.

I see that you are running NBEclipse Release 2.6.9 which was unstable and pulled by the NB development team. As a first step, I would try rolling back to 2.6.8 or 2.6.7 .If it works in those releases then you might try 2.7.0, although that is a beta release.

Ed
jediengineer

Post by jediengineer »

Thanks Ed,

I'm don't fully understand TaskScan enough to understand how to interpret what I see. I can tell you this though, this is occurring in one of my startup functions. This function hasn't changed since Rev3 of my software and has always worked. I only just recently added iprintf statements when I noticed that my system was locking up at startup. I sometimes do that in lieu of running the debugger so that I don't have to disable any of my timers or the cwt (Still learning a bit...). None the less, my iprintf statements end before the main while loop. None of my iprintf statements are outputting "SizeLeft". This output is occurring in a loop that has no iprintf statement. It is the 16 count loop under the "ADC_Setup()" function.

This is the loop:

Code: Select all

for (int i = 0; i < 16; i++)
			{
				DSPIStart(3, TXBuff, RXBuff, 2, NULL, true);
				while(!DSPIdone(3));
				receive[i] = ((RXBuff[0] << 8) | RXBuff[1]);
			}
Also, I did not run the debugger if that's what you're referring to. I'll try loading it through "AutoUpdate" to see if that makes a difference.

2.6.9 was pulled? I Was unaware. I was told it was released to fix the SPI bug (among a few others) from 2.6.8. This code ran perfectly on 2.6.5, I will attempt 2.7.0.
jediengineer

Post by jediengineer »

Hey Ed and everyone else that has read this post:

Ed was right, NNDK 2.6.9 was the issue. I rolled back to 2.6.7 to be safe, and all the problems went away - everything is working as designed. Thanks for the info, Ed!
sulliwk06

Post by sulliwk06 »

it looks like there are a couple of iprintf statements that got left in dspi.cpp at some point. I commented them out in mine and rebuilt system files, no more problem.
jediengineer

Post by jediengineer »

That wasn't my only issue - it would freeze up at random points too and I'd get the TaskScan message in MTTTY just before it would reboot itself. But the freeze point became a bit sporatic - so it never froze in the same place all the time...