Qt Quick Fundamentals

for everything else
tod

Qt Quick Fundamentals

Post by tod »

My latest course on the Qt Framework - Qt Quick Fundamentals is now live on Pluralsight. Qt Quick is the newer GUI approach in the Qt framework. It is a declarative language (like HTML) and leverages JavaScript for imperative code. Of course it integrates quite easily with C++. This course is strictly on Qt Quick/QML. The next one will focus on integrating your QML with C++.

Qt Quick/QML works a lot like Microsoft's WPF/XAML only I think it's easier to learn. It's not relevant for NetBurner work (hence the off topic forum) but if you do any C++ desktop development you should check it out. You can create really nice, modern, fluid UIs with Qt Quick. I recently created a front panel for an instrument that had an embedded Windows PC with a touch panel using Qt Quick. (Of course the instrument also had a NetBurner inside.) Took less than a week to create the front panel portion.

As always if you're not a Pluralsight subscriber and want an unlimited-hours, VIP pass (good for one week) send me an email through the forum.
arts_small.png
arts_small.png (137.95 KiB) Viewed 6528 times