MOD54415 compiler error messages

for everything else
tony

Re: MOD54415 compiler error messages

Post by tony »

Try to clean and then rebuild your project. Maybe one of the object files is old.
jediengineer

Post by jediengineer »

Already did that. Cleans fine, but the errors show back up again on the next save/compile.
jediengineer

Post by jediengineer »

Fixed it.

One of my boolean values in my funcs.cpp file was not declared as extern. Had nothing to do with the arrays, but when I fixed that, it all went away. Thanks for the insight everyone!!!
jediengineer

Post by jediengineer »

I take that back - now all of a sudden the error message is back. Not sure why, but I'm back to square one.
tod

Post by tod »

I think I muddied the waters (as Dan was right to avoid) unnecessarily. The include guards prevent a different problem so I was just trying to forestall that problem. Please re-read the last paragraph of Dan's initial post. You are doing precisely what he suspected, follow his advice. If you don't understand it, most good C books will have a topic where they talk about Separate Compilation, probably in the section where they talk about the linker. If you don't have a good C book this page may help you with declare vs. define. Note that right at the bottom under Common Cases the last paragraph applies directly to what you are doing.
jediengineer

Post by jediengineer »

Thanks Tod,

That was a helpful page, and it would appear that I have erred. WORD ADC[16] and WORD MUX_POS[32] are defined in defs.h, which is included in every source file, and it has not compiled correctly. My mistake was that I defined it in the header and the source file instead of declaring it in the header and defining it in my source file. Thanks for clearing that up Tod, I appreciate it!! All better now!

Tony