Eclipse Guided Tour Part 1- Shameless Self Promotion

for everything else
tod

Eclipse Guided Tour Part 1- Shameless Self Promotion

Post by tod »

My first Pluralsight course, The Eclipse Guided Tour - Part 1, just went live this morning. Pluralsight is a paid subscription site, so to see the video you'll need a free trial (10/days up to 200 minutes). You can only see the course table of contents and descriptions without the free membership.

The course uses the Juno release of Eclipse, but I would estimate that 95+% of it will be relevant to NBEclipse users. In an attempt to reach a wider audience, the course has demos using C++ and Java. A lot of the Java demos are in separate clips so you can easily skip them if you're not interested in Java. You'll see me use the Quick Access menu bar item a LOT in the demo. Just remember you have that same feature in NBEclipse, but it's not in the toolbar, hit Ctrl-3 to bring it up.

Things are moving and shaking at Pluralsight these days. They just bought PeepCode (online training for Ruby, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, Node.js, Unix, Git, and much more) and TrainSignal ("the world's top online training resource for IT professionals.") so the content will be rapidly expanding and once they integrate both companies, all the content will be available at no added cost.