Suggestion for documentation improvement-expansion

for everything else
fd9750

Suggestion for documentation improvement-expansion

Post by fd9750 »

Hi,

I really like the Netburner stuff, both the hardware and provided software are really good.

In my application I need to set up the PWM modules so I need to get access to the relevant pocessor registers.
By looking through the example software I found how to do that. The trick is to read and write to the various elements in the pre-configured sim1 and/or sim2 structures.

Now that I know it is obvious but it took me quite a while to find out that in effect the core software, which gets linked in with every application, has built in sim1 and sim2 structures which are correctly mapped to the various processor registers.
In fact file "SIM5441x.h" provides all the necessary info and simply refers to those existing structures.

It would have been helpful though if there was something in the documentation somewhere which explains that.
Now I spent quite a bit of time in trying to find where the actual declarations of those structures were.
In effect they can't be found because they are built in and pre-compiled somewhere, all you need is the header file to get at them.
It is actually rather neat and exactly the way I would do it but knowing those things are there would have been useful.
A brief outline on the structure of the basic application and the purpose of some of the header files would be as well.

Just a suggestion but you never know what its good for.