Spamming getting worse

for everything else
v8dave

Re: Spamming getting worse

Post by v8dave »

Hi, the spamming is still happening so me who receives emails for all postings. I prefer this option as it saves me time logging in each day looking for the new messages.

I got this one today!

User : Lea (lea_mchele@yahoo.com)

Subject : Genital Warts

Thread : Genital Warts

Forum : General NetBurner Forums « Off-Topic

Mode : post
IP/Host : 121.54.54.33 / (n/a)
Actions : [reply] [quote] [edit] [delete] [info] [pm] [email]

Genital warts really sucks. It is degrading to have one. I saw how people teased my auntie for knowing that she was infected with that disease. We went to the clinic for check up. Our family doctor told us that her warts should be treated. The doctor advised my auntie to use Wartscide and she gave my auntie so many anti-viral medications. Now, she is still undergoing treatment. And it works for her. Her warts is starting to fall off.
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

V8:
I'm with you! This is increasing from a daily issue, to an hourly issue. This AM, my email rec'd the same spam you got, but since the original, these 5 others. Yes SIX spam hits in a few hours! All of these are pretty obvious, but many others are not so benign and look quasi legit until you begin to explore. Enough already. I don't think many of us want to disable email receipt of what have been useful posts, but it's almost time to say uncle.
NB spam4.png
NB spam4.png (21.28 KiB) Viewed 5457 times
From the bottom up and with the exception of V8' message, here are the IPs of those
121.54.54.33 / (n/a)
121.54.54.33 / (n/a)
113.249.135.45 / (n/a)
113.249.147.252 / (n/a)
113.249.135.45 / (n/a)
113.249.147.252 / (n/a)
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Agreed on all accounts. I'm going to try to implement the banning system I recently put up on the wiki. This system auto bans all IPs that have spammed in the last 30 days. It has worked wonderfully there, so hopefully we can see that success here
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
tod

Post by tod »

WAIT A MINUTE, what if I get a toenail fungus on my genital warts from playing too much golf? :oops:
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Yep, I am on the email list too, so I see those. I just finished a mod to get rid of this stuff. Give it a day, let's see if it blocks them out. I may need to configure some additional settings, but I believe what I have set up now should work (cross fingers, counting on murphy's law to ignore me for once)
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

ddeham

Post by ddeham »

tod wrote:WAIT A MINUTE, what if I get a toenail fungus on my genital warts from playing too much golf? :oops:
My problem is that the HAIR REMOVER worked too well and now I need the HAIR REGROWTH treatment! I tried the spray paint hair on my head but it doesn't look very natural, despite the claims.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Well, I don't want to jinx this, but it appears to be working. I'm going to mess with the algorithm to make things a little easier for new users to post (no moderator approvals). If spam starts getting through again, I will revert back to moderated new users.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

v8dave

Post by v8dave »

Not working 100%. I have received about 3 emails this afternoon from roarsin.

User : roarsin (alexidriess@gmail.com)

Subject : Ipad or iphone

Thread : Ipad or iphone

Forum : General NetBurner Forums « NetBurner Hardware

Mode : post
IP/Host : 122.170.79.185 / ABTS-mum-dynamic-185.79.170.122.airtelbroadband.in
Actions : [reply] [quote] [edit] [delete] [info] [pm] [email]

what major difference between ipad and iphone ?