Is the forum now moderated?

for everything else
tod

Is the forum now moderated?

Post by tod »

I've noticed in the past couple of days (since the email functionality is now back), that when I click on a thread in an email, there is no associated topic. For a couple of recent posts this makes perfect sense because they were obviously spam. However, two other messages seemed like legit questions. One of those eventually showed up the next day. One that I saw this morning is still MIA. I'm not complaining I just want to know if that is what's going on and if not I want to let someone at NB know there is a rather lengthy delay in posts showing up. It does appear that the delayed posts are from new users so it's probably a good thing if we have some limited moderation. (Plus this question will let me know if my own posts are delayed)

:?:
tod

Re: Is the forum now moderated?

Post by tod »

Well I can say that my posts aren't delayed (don't I feel special). I just posted, checked email and clicked the link and was brought back to the thread.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

A user's first post is moderated. After a successful first post is made that is not spam, the forum should allow unlimited posting.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
tod

Post by tod »

Got it thanks. Probably a combination of having the forum SW change, the email system come back online, and then the next half/dozen posts or so must have all been from new users. I never noticed before.