Your web hosting provider?

for everything else
0zas

Your web hosting provider?

Post by 0zas »

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.
seulater

Re: Your web hosting provider?

Post by seulater »

FWIW, i have used http://www.powweb.com/ for 8 years, and have not one bad thing to say about them. Great service and prices.

Unlimited Disk Space and data transfer *
tod

Post by tod »

I've used GoDaddy for years with no problems. When I got started and needed some tech support I did it via the online chat method which was slow but all my problems got resolved. Their web site is a visual nightmare in my opinion but once you learn your way around it, it's easy enough to use. Their prices seem good although I feel like their email packages are expensive compared to gmail (hard to beat free). I also think paying for the anonymous privacy registration feature is NOT worth what it costs. I just used an email I don't care about. I do like their automated billing features. Their email alias and forwarding features are nice. I haven't used the database services they offer for web sites but if you need that I believe it's included in the basic web hosting price. AFAIK, my site has never gone down once in all the years I've used them. Also, they've never threatened to kick me off.
ckoehler

Post by ckoehler »

Linode or Slicehost are good on features and support, but may be too high for you. It may also be too high maintenance, since you get your own VM with root access, and it's all managed by you. Worth checking out though.
rashmi20

Post by rashmi20 »

Thank you for this information .