Building v3.3.3 System

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
SeeCwriter

Building v3.3.3 System

Post by SeeCwriter »

I installed v3.3.3, and created a blank NANO project. I noticed there was checkbox, checked by default, in the project creation process to build the system libraries. I didn't change it. When done creating the project Eclipse began building the libraries and failed with 3-errors. I can only find 2-errors in the build log, which is attached.
Attachments
BuildLog.txt
(220.94 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
SeeCwriter

Re: Building v3.3.3 System

Post by SeeCwriter »

One problem was that in predef.h there is a semi-colon at the end of a define on line 237.
The error now is with the linker:

Invoking: GNU C/C++ Linker
m68k-unknown-elf-g++ -Wl,-Map="Arya.map" -Wl,--start-group -lnetburner -lstdc++ -Wl,--end-group -LC:/nburn/platform/NANO54415/original/lib -Lnblibs -Wl,-n -TC:/nburn/platform/NANO54415/lib/NANO54415.ld -Wl,-RC:/nburn/platform/NANO54415/lib/sys.ld -Wl,--cref -Wl,-S -Wl,--gc-sections -mcpu=54415 -o"Arya.elf"
nblibs\libnetburner.a(cusermain.o): In function `callcusermain':
C:/nburn/nbrtos/source/cusermain.cpp:9: undefined reference to `UserMain'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:75: Arya.elf] Error 1
"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

13:34:09 Build Failed. 2 errors, 415 warnings. (took 2m:15s.885ms)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hi SeeCwriter,

You're right about the semi-colon. I'll be sure to remove that on our end. The linker error is because there is no additional application code, and no entry point for the program to start from. If you pick any of the application content options when creating the project, this won't be a problem. Additionally, importing any of the examples will also fix this.

Kind Regards,
Jon
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

I see now. You moved where the source code goes. It's not in the project directory, it's in 'src' under the project directory.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Yes, that is correct. A significant number of customers using 2.x requested separate folders for source, obj, image files, etc, so in 3.x the source code will be in the project's src folder. Looking at your original question, the auto library build is a great option to leave on. Its just that when you make a new project without any project source files, as you would when importing an example or your own code, you will get an error saying there is no UserMain yet. That will go away when you import your source.