Onboard Cert Gen Example

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
SeeCwriter

Onboard Cert Gen Example

Post by SeeCwriter »

Example program SslOnboardCertGeneration is not working me. It seems to successfully generate a self-signed cert, based on the return code of SSL_CreateNewSelfSignedCert. But I get a "Site can't be reached" error message for the "View index.html with SSL" link. I created CA.crt file using the batch file provided (makeca.bat) and imported it into my browser (Chrome).

Is there something else I need to do?

Using v2.9.5, with a MOD5441X.
Jon

Re: Onboard Cert Gen Example

Post by Jon »

Hi SeeCwriter,

I've run through this example before and it worked prevously. I'll give it another go and see what kind of results I get, and let you know. Thanks for the heads up.

Kind Regards,
Jon
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hi SeeCwriter,

I just tested this with a fresh 2.9.5 install on a MOD5441X and it seems to be working. I do get an error from Chrome, but it let's me proceed to the webpage. Would you mind sending the .s19 file you generated and I'll test yours? You can send it directly to jcox(at)netburner.com. I'll send you the one that I created as well and we can go from there.

Kind Regards,
Jon
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

The problem was with the certificate I created an imported into Chrome. I don't know what I did, but a co-worker gave me a different one, and now it works. Thanks.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hi SeeCwriter,

I'm glad that you were able to get it sorted out. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other issues or questions.

Kind Regards,
Jon