New GPS blade board, NTP Server application

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
Forrest

New GPS blade board, NTP Server application

Post by Forrest »

Hello,

I wanted to post this announcement that we are going to be selling a GPS blade board for the PK70 module. It works great, I have one sitting on my desk right now. We will be including a few applications, including an NTP server, which I wanted to show you some of the UI components and hw functionality. A google maps tracking example also exists. It is modified for previous demos that I have shown on this forum. Please keep in mind this a prototype at this stage, and HW/SW features may change.

If you have never used the PK70, you should really check it out. It allows you to build your own custom blade boards that make plugging in extra hardware a snap. The GPS blade board features a small SiRFIII gps receiver. An external antenna is used for reception. The antenna is simply plugged into the back of the device. I get great reception indoors with this thing, good enough to get a 3 satellite lock to broadcast my ntp packets.

The UI uses Ajax to give a seamless, live updating web page that holds configuration, status, and raw data in the form an XML file. Designing your own page to utilize the xml data should be simple to do.

The NTP server functionality works great, and provides very accurate time. We use timing interrupts to ensure the accuracy of the clock. I have my winXP machine setting time by reading the NTP broadcast from the GPS unit.

We are excited about this device and hope to get this blade board design out in the near future.

Screen shots attached below
Valid Time screen shot UI
Valid Time screen shot UI
valid.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
Invalid Time screen shot UI
Invalid Time screen shot UI
invalid.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Live Status screen shot UI
Live Status screen shot UI
status.jpg (65.48 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
xml file UI
xml file UI