Errors building with 2.9.4

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
SeeCwriter

Errors building with 2.9.4

Post by SeeCwriter »

I installed v2.9.4, rebuilt all system files, created a project, and imported my existing MOD54415 project from v2.9.3. The project compiles without errors, but the linker throws a lot of "undefined reference" errors to functions in library cryptolib.a (see below).

The undefined functions below appear to be defined in a large #if defined...#elseif defined... macro in file c:\nburn\system\cryptolib\wolfcrypt\src\wc_port.c. I suspect that none of labels tested in the macro are #defined.

Eclipse output:

C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(wc_port.o): In function `wc_InitAndAllocMutex':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/wc_port.c:613: undefined reference to `wc_InitMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ecc.o): In function `ecc_mul2add':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:8987: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9075: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:8984: undefined reference to `wc_InitMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9075: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ecc.o):C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9075: more undefined references to `wc_UnLockMutex' follow
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ecc.o): In function `wc_ecc_mulmod_ex':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9116: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9169: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9112: undefined reference to `wc_InitMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9169: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ecc.o):C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9169: more undefined references to `wc_UnLockMutex' follow
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ecc.o): In function `wc_ecc_fp_free':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9215: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9221: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9222: undefined reference to `wc_FreeMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9211: undefined reference to `wc_InitMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/ecc.c:9215: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(random.o): In function `wc_GenerateSeed':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/random.c:1500: undefined reference to `my_rng_seed_gen'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(asn.o): In function `ValidateDate':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/asn.c:5858: undefined reference to `my_time'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(asn.o): In function `wc_GetTime':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/asn.c:5929: undefined reference to `my_time'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(asn.o): In function `SetValidity':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/wolfcrypt/src/asn.c:11067: undefined reference to `my_time'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `wolfSSL_CertManagerFree.part.0':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:3461: undefined reference to `wc_FreeMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `AlreadySigner.part.1':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4398: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4417: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4417: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `wolfSSL_CertManagerNew_ex':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:3406: undefined reference to `wc_InitMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `wolfSSL_CertManagerUnloadCAs':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:3680: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:3685: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `GetCA':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4540: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4557: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `GetCAByName':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4575: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4588: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `AddCA':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4875: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4878: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:4875: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `wolfSSL_Init':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:5023: undefined reference to `wc_InitMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:5034: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:5040: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `wolfSSL_Cleanup':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12139: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12148: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12154: undefined reference to `wc_FreeMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12148: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `GetSessionClient':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12273: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12298: undefined reference to `LowResTimer'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12310: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12310: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `GetSession':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12400: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12420: undefined reference to `LowResTimer'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12433: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12433: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `SetSession':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12582: undefined reference to `LowResTimer'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `GetDeepCopySession':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12463: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12485: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(ssl.o): In function `AddSession':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12682: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12682: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12743: undefined reference to `LowResTimer'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12897: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/ssl.c:12897: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(internal.o): In function `InitSSL_Ctx':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/internal.c:1641: undefined reference to `wc_InitMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(internal.o): In function `SSL_CTX_RefCount':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/internal.c:4827: undefined reference to `wc_LockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/internal.c:4839: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/internal.c:4839: undefined reference to `wc_UnLockMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(internal.o): In function `FreeSSL_Ctx':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/internal.c:1925: undefined reference to `wc_FreeMutex'
C:\nburn\lib\cryptolib.a(internal.o): In function `CreateTicket':
C:\nburn\system\cryptolib/src/internal.c:26181: undefined reference to `LowResTimer'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 31649 ms.
SeeCwriter

Re: Errors building with 2.9.4

Post by SeeCwriter »

Never mind. macro NB_SSL_SUPPORTED needed to be defined. I'm not using SSL at this time, but I added ssl.h to my project a while back to do some testing with it. Since my application does not change in size whether ssl.h is included or not, it seems like it would be easier to default NB_SSL_SUPPORT to being defined. That way I don't need to remember to do it whenever I change tool versions.
TomNB

Re: Errors building with 2.9.4

Post by TomNB »

Glad its working. In the 3.x tools we do make ssl default to on, but do not want to change something like that for reverse compatibility in 2.x. Code stripping was added in 2.9.x, which is why the code size doesn't change. But prior to that, it would make a big difference in the code size.