PWM docs/libraries... where are they?

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
jaypdx

PWM docs/libraries... where are they?

Post by jaypdx »

I just installed 3.3.0 of the NNDK for a MOD54415 and I'm trying to figure out how to use the PWM. I don't see any libraries or example code (searching '*pwm*' in the \nburn tree yields nothing). I see references in the forum to example code and helpful-sounding functions like 'CenterAlignedPWM'... where do I find this code?
TomNB

Re: PWM docs/libraries... where are they?

Post by TomNB »

Hello Jay,

There are currently two tool chains for the MOD5441x, NANO54415 and SB800EX: 2.9.x and 3.x. The 3.x chain was created primarily for ARM products, but also supports those other platforms for people that want to take advantage of features such as the configuration server, updates from any platform, and many more.

While we currently have the majority of examples ported over to 3.x, but not all of them, such as the PWM. However, we can quickly port that one over for you. I do not want to post unreleased code on a public forum, but if you can please open a support ticket we can get you the port and also answer any other questions about the example. Alternatively, you can use release 2.9.3 which has the example.
jaypdx

Post by jaypdx »

Thanks Tom. What else is missing from the 3.x toolchain for the MOD5441x? I've only just started this project and I could probably switch back to 2.x if that's more appropriate for working with this older board.

Also, is there an equivalent on-line documentation site to https://www.netburner.com/NBDocs/Develo ... index.html for the 2.x API? - your NBDocs/Developer site only seems to have the 3.3 API.

Are there newer versions of NetBurnerRuntimeLibraries.pdf and NNDKProgMan.pdf available? The ones I have are both pretty old (2012 and 2008, respectively).
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Hello Jay,

Functionally, there is nothing missing. In fact, there is more with 3.x. With the one exception of how many examples we have ported. I say port, but in general, the effort is usually very minimal, on the order of 15 minutes or so. We have been around for 25 years, so more time is actually spent on making the examples a bit better than simply rebuilding the example. For 2.x the docs are pdf based, and the Programmers Guide and NetBurner API documents would serve you best. In 3.x we moved to doxygen to try and make things easier, and also have the ability to post things online. Some of what I am posting here is meant to hopefully help anyone else looking at the two versions. Both 2.x and 3.x are completely up to date and supported.