Compile Error Building System for v2.9.3

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
TomNB

Re: Compile Error Building System for v2.9.3

Post by TomNB »

Hello, to summarize my understanding of where we are on this issue:
- The existing 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 were working, however, you may or may not have rebuilt the libraries at any point in time.
- You say that a rebuild of the 2.9.2 libraries no longer works, and building in a completely separate installation has corrupted your 2.9.2 installation
- A rebuild the libraries cannot corrupt anything, so this is a confusing point. However, if if the environment variables have been modified and are no longer correct, it certainly can interfere with a build.
- 2.9.3 is working on all our test environments and we have no other reports of issues such as this, so at this point it seems specific to your machine configuration.

Since the problem cannot be re-created anywhere else, a next step could be to set up a video session and work with you on your machine directly. If you agree, please open a support ticket and we will schedule the session. We will need some system information from your computer that you would not want on a public forum. We can schedule that today if it fits your schedule.
SeeCwriter

Re: Compile Error Building System for v2.9.3

Post by SeeCwriter »

I agree that this seems to be specific to my PC and with setting up a video session. I will create a help ticket.

As an FYI, I went back to v2.9.2 and tried to rebuild the system files again from a command prompt. This time I got the message that all files are up-to-date. Which I found odd, since yesterday it threw a build error. In any case I rebuilt the MOD5441X system and it succeeded. Then I rebuilt my project, and it too succeeded. I haven't tested the executable yet, but it appears that v2.9.2 is working again. And it has no SSL defines enabled.