OEM Bootloader

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
kackle123

OEM Bootloader

Post by kackle123 »

I have an SB70LC that only intermittently communicates over the LAN (50/50). My hundreds of other boards work fine. I think I've had this same issue twice in past several years and it was either fixed by reinstalling the factory's bootloader (FLA, GO2000..., and all that) or sending it back to the factory for some Netburner restoration magic.

I wanted to try reinstalling the factory's bootloader before requesting an RMA, but the computer with which I started my Netburner journey long ago had its hard drive fail 2 months ago--I backed up much over time, but not the directory where I stored the bootloader restoration files and instructions. Do I need to renew my support to get those files again? Thank you.
TomNB

Re: OEM Bootloader

Post by TomNB »

Hello,

We do not normally provide the boot loader, so that would be pretty rare. However, once the device boots, the boot loader is completely out of the picture and has no effect on the operation of the board. The boot sequence is basically: boot loader decompresses the application from flash to ram, verifies the checksum, then jumps to the application. So your application is 100% of what is running. The FLA command you reference is used to download an application over the serial port. A great data point would be to load the pre-compiled factory _APP.s19 file and verify the communication works properly. I am attaching the instructions for that.

If you are still having issues, please contact sales@netburner.com as the next step.
Attachments
SerialDownload201306.pdf
(107.15 KiB) Downloaded 157 times