MTTTY download "Timed out"

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
russ58

MTTTY download "Timed out"

Post by russ58 »

I am trying to download into a NANO54415. I can get to the "nb>" prompt and enter FLA <return>, the NANO responds with "Download S record". I hit F5, select the appropriate .S19 file and downloading begins. Or at least I assume it begins, because I see stars being displayed. I am guessing I see a star for each line in the S19 file that gets sent to the NANO. Well after a period of time usually after a couple of minutes, "Timed out" is displayed. All the while stars being displayed. This continues for a minute or so more, then a second "Timed out" is displayed, then an immediate return to the "nb>" prompt.

Anybody have an idea as to what exactly is timing out?

I am using all the standard UART parameters.
TomNB

Re: MTTTY download "Timed out"

Post by TomNB »

It could have something to do with the s-record file. Can you update the nano with the same .s19 file over the network interface?
russ58

Post by russ58 »

After many tries, it finally downloaded. It appears that if I get less than two "Timed out" events, the download works. But two or more results in failure.

TomNB, yes I am able to download the same .S19 file over the network. But only after I was able to get the load to download over the serial port as the load that was in the NANO prevented network operations. I only use the serial port download functionality when necessary as dictated by the network (Wi-Fi only) capabilities of the current load.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

I think there might be something going on with the application size. If you make a simple small application that just enables the minimum of what you need, will that download reliably over serial?