MOD5272 refuses Ethernet connection

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
DranMan

MOD5272 refuses Ethernet connection

Post by DranMan »

I have been using this module for years and am getting a rash of failures where the module starts refusing network connection. Our application works on other modules (5272) and I reflashed it just in case. The monitor port responds and the IP pings. Any ideas where to look?
TomNB

Re: MOD5272 refuses Ethernet connection

Post by TomNB »

What changes were made to the 5272 before this occurred?
What is it talking to? What changes were made before this started, including patches to the OS?
Have you tried disabling all firewalls as a test?
You could also try wireshark to see exactly what is going on
DranMan

Post by DranMan »

No firmware changes we are aware of had been made immediately prior to the problem occurring. Within the target instrument, the NB normally talks to an Analog Devices 531 Blackfin running VDK. Tthe issue is first seen with the NB operating in the target instrument, but the behavior persists after it has been removed and is operating alone on the bench.
Connection is refused peer to peer, so no firewall. Win7 PC with Chrome.
Will try other browsers and wireshark
DranMan

Post by DranMan »

Solved. Port issue. Customers changes port then returns instrument as failed when unable to talk to it to change it back.
Is there any to get the port setting from a MOD5272 ?
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Everything running on the device is your application, so you are in control of that. For example, if you have the web server active, add it to your configuration or status page. If you prefer a serial port, add a menu command to display or change it. I am not familiar with a blackfin vdk, but if you have network capability and control you could add a command there that would connect to a status port allocated on the 5272 device (you would need to add a tcp server task on the 5272).