MOD5234 - Downloading "Timed Out"

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
BryanJS

MOD5234 - Downloading "Timed Out"

Post by BryanJS »

I have two MOD5234 boards on a development system.

The one board works fine and I can download a program - the other board , which was working, now will not let me download a program.

I get the "Timed Out" dialog from eclipse. It was working until I downloaded a program, and then from that point on it will not let me download another program.

Is there a way to clear the downloaded program, so it is not running any application. My guess is that I did something wrong in my program that is locking something up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan :shock:
Jon

Re: MOD5234 - Downloading "Timed Out"

Post by Jon »

Hi Bryan,

When you reset the device, do you see the "Waiting 2sec to start 'A' to abort" prompt in the serial terminal? If so, you should be able to hit shift+'a' to enter the alternate boot monitor. You will know if this is successful because you will see the 'nb>' prompt in terminal. From here, type in the command 'fla', and hit enter.

You should see the message "Begin Down load now.... (Any char but S to stop)". Hit the F5 key, and select the app file you want to download. This will attempt to program the application over the serial port. When finished, the device will reboot, and you should be good to go.

Kind Regards,
Jon
BryanJS

Re: MOD5234 - Downloading "Timed Out"

Post by BryanJS »

Thank you - that was the answer