MOD5272 Programming Problem

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
DBrunermer

MOD5272 Programming Problem

Post by DBrunermer »

Hi all, I've been using the MOD5272 for years, and I've never had a problem, but I've got one and I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from. And I'm the one who made a change, though I thought it would be innocuous. Exact same board design, but we added a conformal coating.

Here's what happens. First time we program these, we always do it through the serial port. I hit 'A', 'FLA', and send the _APP. And it looks just like always, and it looks like it's going to work: the string of asterisks goes by, and it ends with 'Copying Image'. But it hangs there and never reboots. When I reboot it by cycling power, it comes up with BOOT RECORD INVALID and goes to the nb> terminal. And then it won't reprogram on any platform, or with any program. I tried going back to the eval kit board, and loading the FactoryDemo program, and it won't take that either.

Looking around the Forum, I saw someone posted that his problem was his MAC address was reset. Mine is too! When I do the Setup command at the nb> prompt, it tells me MAC is 0.0.0.0.0.0. How do I program it back to what it needs to be? (which I understand is the serial number). I think the devices will be fine, but I can't figure this out.

And as a general question, have you ever had a terribly negative reaction to a conformal coating? And note, I'm not coating the NetBurner, just my receiver board. I'm just stumped here.

Thanks, Dan B.
pbreed

Re: MOD5272 Programming Problem

Post by pbreed »

How big is your application?
Are you loading the _APP.s19 and not the .s19?

Try using the setup command to reset the monitor configuration.
(Remember to set boot to applicaiton)
Then load a simple application and see if that works...
Chris Ruff

Post by Chris Ruff »

As I remember, entering a K will allow the MAC address to be re-installed
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand
DBrunermer

Post by DBrunermer »

Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me. I thought I replied a couple days ago, not sure what happened there. But anyway:

pbreed - I'm sure it's the right file. And I did try to go back and download the Mod5272FactoryDemo program, and it won't take that either. I'll try something smaller, like one of the example programs or something, but I'm not hopeful. The MAC is reading all zeroes, and I think I'll be dead in the water until that's resolved.And by the way, my app is pretty small, 93780 bytes.

Chris - I tried the K and it didn't work. I tried it at the nb> prompt, and after hitting the S for setup. It echoes the MAC Address 0, but I can't seem to enter it.

Thanks again, Dan B.
DBrunermer

Post by DBrunermer »

Regarding this question, is it possible to somehow reenter the MAC number on the module?
DBrunermer

Post by DBrunermer »

OK, so I got that resolved, the missing MAC anyway. Regarding the board not taking a program when plugged into this particular batch of daughter cards, are there any interface pins in particular that, if covered by the conformal coating, would give this kind of behavior? Would you suspect a ground, a power pin, or a particular I/O? Thanks, Dan B.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Address bus, data bus or chip selects would certainly do it.
DBrunermer

Post by DBrunermer »

Thanks everyone, but it turns out the board stuffing house put the 5V regulator where the 3.3V goes, and vice-versa. Thanks for your help, though, in straightening out the MAC stuff. - Dan