MOD5234 Network Connection Issue

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
TomNB

Re: MOD5234 Network Connection Issue

Post by TomNB »

Does this only happen in debug mode? If so, are you sure you are not at a breakpoint?
tk1390

Post by tk1390 »

No break points to speak of.

The issue is definitely present in debug mode and when just running the application, some old build is programmed to the board. Seems like the regular run file isn't being regenerated after builds. I've cleaned and rebuilt the project as well with no success.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

I would stay with your simple test app, in release mode only. Lowest number of variables. If I understand your description:
1. If you load the factory app you can see the device in with the find utitilites
2. You compile your test app, then successfully download to the device
3. When the device reboots you cannot see it with the find utilities

Your test app is very simple and a great test to do. Have you modified any of the system files in any way?

Can you confirm you have only 1 installation of the tools?

Assuming only one install, another thing to try is to rename your current install directory, do a clean install to \nburn, and build your test file. It is very important that you do not import any complete projects. If you want to import your existing test source, import only main.cpp. Those other files and directories are project settings, so we don't want them.
tk1390

Post by tk1390 »

TomNB wrote:I would stay with your simple test app, in release mode only. Lowest number of variables. If I understand your description:
1. If you load the factory app you can see the device in with the find utitilites
2. You compile your test app, then successfully download to the device
3. When the device reboots you cannot see it with the find utilities
Yes, your understanding of the situation is correct.
TomNB wrote:Your test app is very simple and a great test to do. Have you modified any of the system files in any way?
No, they should have never been modified, maybe somehow I inadvertently changed them through the IDE? I'm not sure if the IDE would even present the ability to the user from inside the environment.
TomNB wrote:Can you confirm you have only 1 installation of the tools?
Yes, there is only a single instance of the installation.
TomNB wrote:Assuming only one install, another thing to try is to rename your current install directory, do a clean install to \nburn, and build your test file. It is very important that you do not import any complete projects. If you want to import your existing test source, import only main.cpp. Those other files and directories are project settings, so we don't want them.
This solution worked with the simple test app so I looked into the issue a little more (since I would like not to have to create a new git repo and set up a new project every time). In my original project that was causing the initial issues, I deleted all generated files (i.e. /Debug, /Release, etc.) and clean/built the workspace. This worked and now am able to program the device using the network port reliably but I'm not sure what stale configuration/data would cause the device to lose network connection post reboot.